Toolchain to get simple GPIO demo running on LPXCpresso43S67 board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolchain to get simple GPIO demo running on LPXCpresso43S67 board?

Jump to solution
fastwalker2
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a new LPCXpresso43S67 board and want to start testing it out by running some simple GPIO sample code.  Being able to set breakpoints and single step the code is very important to me.  I am not sure about what to download exactly to achieve this.  I've downloaded the MCUXpresso IDE, but what do I need to download (and from where) to get the necessary SDK/libs/sample code etc. to run some GPIO tests?  Also why is the SDK bundled separately?  Is that just to provide more flexibility?

Also I assume that the download, setting of breakpoints & single stepping can be done over the micro-USB port (i.e. I do not require a separate JTAG adapter)?

Thanks if anyone can help,

Sean

Tags (1)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean Machin

Thank you for your reply.
The MCUXpresso IDE can import the LPCOpen library whose tool chain is LPCXpresso.
2018-05-02_10-29-49.jpg
Have a great day.
TIC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Sean Machin,

The LPCXpresso43S67 contains a attached JTAG debugger which support setting of breakpoints & single stepping, and you can download the LPCOpen library for LPC43S67 via the following link:

LPCOpen Software for LPC43XX|NXP 

Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

fastwalker2
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

When I go to the link you mentioned and search for my board (the 43S67), the SDK says it's only for the IAR and Keil tools.  I need an SDK for the free MCUXpresso IDE I have installed.  So how do I achieve my objectives using the MCUXpresso IDE?

Thank you,

Sean

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean Machin

Thank you for your reply.
The MCUXpresso IDE can import the LPCOpen library whose tool chain is LPCXpresso.
2018-05-02_10-29-49.jpg
Have a great day.
TIC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------