TWR-k21F120MA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-k21F120MA

harrisonyuan88
Contributor I

Hello, I am recently designing a communication system using the TWR-K21F120MA. I want to use the UART communication interface. But i have got some problem. I cannot find the receiver and transmitter of UART on the board. I need to use at least 2 UARTs for my project.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

harrisonyuan88
Contributor I

Hello Alice

Thank you so much for the reply. it is really helpful.

And i check the schematic of TWR-k21F120MA. Is there any possibility to use the UART0_RX,UART0_TX,UART1_TX and UART1_RX(A41-A44 of J4) in the following picture. I just want to wire the two UARTS with my device.pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harrison,

If you only use the Tower demo board, do not change the board or add some other transmitter,

then  only the A43-A44 can used on this board, please pay attention it is UART2, sorry on this board , the virtual serial port and UART on TWR-SER use the same UART port.

pastedImage_1.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Harrison,

Maybe you need Tover System:Tower System Modular Development Board Platform|NXP  ,

on the TWR-SER moduleSerial (USB, Ethernet, CAN, RS232/485) Tower System Module|NXP  , there is a receiver and transmitter of UART , please see the schematic to check

whether it can meet you, I attached it for you .  On the TWR-SER, there only one transmitter.

pastedImage_3.png

While on the TWR-K21F120MA board, there also another virtual serial port - J2, you can directly use it send/ receive data.

pastedImage_6.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos