Setup procedure for Freedom Boards on MCUXpressoIDE v11.1.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup procedure for Freedom Boards on MCUXpressoIDE v11.1.0?

Jump to solution
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hiya,

I am not not having a good day with MCUXpressoIDE.  

I've gone back to Windows as I can't get the SDK loading in Linux (see my previous question) and now, I'm just trying to get a FRDMK22F board working with its built in OpenSDA debugger.  This has been really frustrating because MCUXpressoIDE under Windows 7 recognizes my PEmicro Multilink Universal and Segger J-Link but not the OpenSDA device.  

For the FRDMK22F, I have updated the firmware (the Freedom board comes up as "MAINTENANCE"), loaded the MBED drivers and...  Nothing recognized.  I have tried to manually set the Interface to "OpenSDA Embedded Debug - USB Port" and when I try to debug, I get:

"Error in services launch sequence
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Unable to auto-detect debug hardware. Please specify on the command-line. If running from Eclipse, check the launch Debug Configuration settings. Halting."  

Is there a document that explains the process to go through?  I've been looking with no luck.

Thanx,

myke

0 Kudos
1 Solution
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi Sabina,

Yes, I figured it out - it was a bit of hard work, a bit of experimentation and a bit of luck.  I'm marking this as "solved".  

I documented how I got them to work here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/521991 

Thanx for following up,

myke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Okay, still not doing very well.  I could really use some help here.  

I've got a Windows 7 PC running MCUXpressoIDE 11.1.0

I'm guessing that I don't have something properly connected because I'm not having any luck with programming.  As I said above, the system does recognize my PEmicro Multilink Universal and SEGGER J-Link.  It does not recognize the OpenSDA of the FRDMK22F board.  

When I try to run the "led_blinky" app that comes with the FRDMK22F SDK, MCUXpressoIDE does not recognize the OpenSDA programmer of the Freedom Board.  

I created an MK20DN512xxx10 SDK as this is the part I'm currently working with, have working boards with them on them and I wanted to see if I could get something programmed.  I created a simple "Hello World" app under this SDK and tried programming it using:

• PEmicro Multilink Universal.  It with the message "Error in services launch sequence
    PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : The GDB Server was not able to establish a connection to the target processor. Please check your connections and power. Verify that the launch settings in the Debug Configuration are accurate."  The Multilink works fine from CodeWarrior, which was my previous platform and what I've used for previous product development.  
  • SEGGER J-Link.  When I tried to program, I was firmly directed to allow an update the firmware of the j-Link and when I tried to program the device, it failed, but I just tried it again now to get the error messages, it seemed to have worked (???).  BUT, it no longer works with CodeWarrior. 

Any idea what is going on here?  Ideally, I would like to be able program boards from both CW and MCUXpressoIDE with:

1. PEmicro Multilink Universal
  2. SEGGER J-Link
  3. Freedom Boards with OpenSDA

Going further, I would like to move all future code development to Linux (see the other post) and do it on MCUXpressoIDE with the appropriate SDKs (but that seems to be a problem).  So, if there's anybody out there who's developing on the latest MCUXpressoIDE, I'd love to hear from you.  

myke

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Myke,

Were you able to resolve this? I saw you had another post referring to a simliar situation.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1254227 

Best Regards,

Sabina

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi Sabina,

Yes, I figured it out - it was a bit of hard work, a bit of experimentation and a bit of luck.  I'm marking this as "solved".  

I documented how I got them to work here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/521991 

Thanx for following up,

myke

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for posting your answer and have a great week!

0 Kudos