SDK 2.4 Builds for MK22FN1M0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 2.4 Builds for MK22FN1M0

randylee
Contributor V

I'm attempting to use the SDK builders for MCUExpresso (mcuexpresso.nxp.com) and have run into an oddity here:

I've got a project that uses the MK22FN512 part.  That has everything I need for it including Amazons FreeRTOS (10.x) and emWin and all the other stuff.  Good deal.

Having problems finding actual chips to buy here so I figure, no problem, I'll switch up to the MK22GN1M0[A] parts which I've used prior.  Shouldn't be a problem to move up like that.

BUT, I can get the part in the selector. I can get the tool set to use, no problem.  Only has FreeRTOS 9.x (I think) and can't select emWin or a pile of other things.

That strikes me as really strange since these are very, very similar parts.  Why would this thing not allow certain modules on it and do downlevel ones for others.

Hmmmm...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello RANDY LEE,

I just got the reply from development team :

"There are currently no plans to support emWin in the SDK for the MK22FN1M0 (TWR-K21F120M).  The strategy for devices that do not have built-in support for emWin in the SDK is to take a similar device like the FRDM-K64F.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

randylee
Contributor V

That makes no sense at all to me.  That implies that each and every chip has to have the various things hand built for it.  PEX didn't work that way at all.  You'd think that when you have such a wide range of parts to deal with, that someone architecting this shebang would arrange it in such a way that it was chip independent.

well, it is what it is I suppose.  Lesson here is to stay away from MK22FN1M0 parts

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello RANDY,

Thanks for your sharing.

Have a nice day.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello RANDY LEE,

I will help you ask Development team when emWin will support MK22GN1M0 chip.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos