Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK_2.2.0_TWR-K60D100M generated code does not compile

Jump to solution
tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

I've updated my MCUXpresso toolchain to release 11.0.0

I generated a new TWR_K60D100M SDK package from the NXP MCUXpresso SDK builder (https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/dashboard )

I import this new SDK into MCUXpresso IDE and generated a new workspace.

I then generated a new SDK project named UartExample.  The example project used all default settings plus the freertos OS.

All the code compiles and run fine.

I then added the new peripheral UART3 using the MCUXpresso Config Tools and allowed the tools to update my code.

The newly generated code does not compile.  It appears to require a changed structure definition for uart_config_t from the fsl_uart class.

My sample code can be found at the following repository: GitHub - tsbiberdorf/twrK60D_UartExample: K60D SDK example code does not compile 

This is all generated code from MCUExpresso tools, what steps did I not follow correctly when adding new peripherals?

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Peripherals tool components are downloaded automatically.

To remove component, you can right-click on it in the Components tab and select Remove:

pastedImage_1.png

To add a new one, click on the "+" button next to "Peripheral drivers" title. In the Component selector window, make sure that the "Show only latest component versions":

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Terry,

the compilation error is caused by combination of incompatible version of Peripherals tool component and SDK driver. Your project is based on MCUXpresso SDK v2.2 which contains UART driver v2.1.4, however, in Peripherals tool you are using UART component for SDK driver v2.1.5 which has different API from v2.1.4 (the uart_config_t differs). Please remove the Peripherals tool component v2.1.5 and replace it with v2.1.4 using component selector:

pastedImage_2.png

There should be also visible warning about the incompatible versions in the MCUXpresso Config Tools Problems view:

pastedImage_1.png 

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

Can you provide a link on directions to remove and replace the toll component.  The one link I did find https://community.nxp.com/thread/506760 

I attempted to perform the "right button" of the warning, but could not get the indicated window to appear.

0 Kudos
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Peripherals tool components are downloaded automatically.

To remove component, you can right-click on it in the Components tab and select Remove:

pastedImage_1.png

To add a new one, click on the "+" button next to "Peripheral drivers" title. In the Component selector window, make sure that the "Show only latest component versions":

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

Thanks, it now appears to be working.

0 Kudos