cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creation of binary file

gauvrit_bryan
Contributor I

Hello,

When i compile my project on visual studio, it seems to be good but visual studio don't create me any binary file. However, i need it to see my project on my board (an LPCXpresso 54628 one).

Can someone help me to find it please ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gauvrit_bryan
Contributor I

Thanks for your replies,

i tried with MCUXpresso IDE and it create me a binary file, but when i put the file in my board with the USB port, the board don't display anything. I tried with an example project but it's the same... I also tried to rename the file into "firmware.bin" without success.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Not sure what your current Visual Studio setup is, and I assume that you have configured it just to generate the .elf file.

It might be easier for you to use the MCUXpresso IDE which generates all the different file formats out of the box (see MCUXpresso IDE: S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse ).

The check what file format is generated by your Visual Studio setup: open that file in a text editor: if there is 'ELF' at the beginning, it is an ELF/Dwarf file. For the other file formats, see S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse .

pastedImage_3.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bryan,

Maybe visual studio is generating an output file that is not in the bin format? Have you tried using MCUXpresso IDE instead?

MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos