cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MCU Bootloader 2.0.0 and update with USB-HID interface

atfarsoni
Contributor I

Hi All,

I’m using MCU Bootloader 2.0.0 and KinetisFlashTool with FRDM-K64F. I followed the steps to test the Bootloader and KinetisFlashTool as described in MCU Bootloader Demo Applications User's Guide (Document Number: MBOOTDEMOUG).

After loading the Bootloader to the device (through OpenSDA) I was able to use KinetisFlashTool and update the application using UART Port set in KinetisFlashTool. Using UART Port, I see that the blhost works as expected.

To update the application through USB-HID, I used the K64F USB port on board (J22) and set the Port in KinetisFlashTool to USB-HID. The BCA area in the application was updated to prepare both UART and USB peripherals as shown in the attached snapshot.

Unfortunately, no connection is made through the USB port, see the error message in the attached snapshot.

Error: Connect device failed(Error: UsbHidPeripheral() cannot open USB HID device (vid=0x15a2, pid=0x0073, sn=).).

The USB connection is not even in the Device Manager.

Am I missing anything to do before using the USB-HID to update the application using Bootloader?

Should I make any changes in the Bootloader project to prepare it for a USB-HID update?

Any help will be appreciated!

Abi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Abi Farsoni,

Since you use FRDM-K64F, you can download freedom_bootloader project in target/K64F12 directly. You don't need to change anything. Please check if windows has found K64 HID.

USB_HID.png

Regards,

jing

0 Kudos

atfarsoni
Contributor I

Thank you, Jing.

It works today, but the device name in the Device Manager is different (it is not vendor-defined device, see below). Any reason for this difference?

dm.png

0 Kudos