Preferred JTAG or SWD debugger for MIMXRT1064EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred JTAG or SWD debugger for MIMXRT1064EVK

jerry_hubbard
Contributor I

I have the eval board, MIMXRT1064EVK, which has developed a problem where I'm unable to debug via the USB DAP-Link.  I'm able to debug via the IAR IDE with the I-jet debugger but I don't know of a debugger that's supported by MCUXpresso that will talk to this board via JTAG or SWD.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerry,

I'm using that board sucessfully with the LPC-Link2, P&E Multilink and SEGGER J-Link.

Eeach debug probe has its advantages, so it really depends on your needs. And you can use the on-board debug probe too.

See First Steps with the NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK Board | MCU on Eclipse  which shows with pictures the needed settings.

In case you overwrite the flash configuration, you can regain access with using the bootloader or have other problems accessing the board, see Regaining Debug Access to NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jerry_hubbard
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I really appreciate the help. I have a Segger j-Trace device but when I use it, it tells me that it doesn’t recognize the 1064, almost like it’s firmware hasn’t been updated to support the latest offerings (1064-EVK) from NXP. Do you know how to correct this?

Thanks for the continued help.

Regards,

Jerry Hubbard

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerry,

can you share the error message and the console log?

The J-Trace really acts as a normal J-Link, so I don't see why it would be different.

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MIMXRT1064 default has on board CMSIS-DAP debug. MCUXpresso can recognize it directly. Do you mean your MCUXpresso can't recognize on board debug?

1. I think first you can check J47,J48,J49,J50. Since you have test by I-jet, these jumper must be disconnected.

2. When connect MIMXRT1064 USB debug port, the computer shows a RT1064-EVK disk has been found. Can you see it? If not, please see this page OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

3. CMSIS-DAP also need driver. You can download this driver from above link.

If  you don't want to use on board openSDA, you can use Multilink or Jlink or ulink. MCUXpresso can support them.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos