PINT GINT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PINT GINT

david_rick
Contributor I

I am developing on the LPCXpresso 54102 development board using the SDK API ("fsl_" functions).  I noticed that the MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual includes two different interrupt drivers related to GPIO: GINT (see Chapter 12) and PINT (see Chapter 19).  I'm having trouble understanding why one would use one vs the other. Is there some difference in the underlying hardware which they address? PINT seems to be a bit more complex; does that mean GINT is deprecated, or are there situations where one might use both facilities in the same program?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Rick,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
From the general function perspective, the GINT and PINT module are similar.
Definitely, they're not same, the GINT is capable of enabling interrupts through an OR or AND operation, so it's suited for a combined group of pins, however, PINT is suited for a particular pin.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos