Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM40002 - LPC8N04 - Problem with Board Support Package MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
tomgatesoupe
Contributor II

Hello,

I try to use the demo board OM40002. The first time it was connected to my computer (USB) the led animation worked properly and when I pressed reset button, the animation was reseted.

After, I used MCUXpresso to program the LPC8N04 with the Board Support Package MCUXpresso. I followed the instruction written in the user manual for LPC8N04. (3.3 Setting up the board for Development)

(LPC8N04-MCUXpresso-BSP.zip I found here : https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/lpc-corte...)

When I am debugging the development board with MCUXpresso the led animation worked properly.

But now, when I connect the development board to my computer (without MCUXpresso, just with USB connector) the leds are not turned ON and I don't know why.

Do I change the jumpers on P1, P7 and P8 when I am not using the LPC8N04 with a debug probe (LPC-LINK) ?

Tom,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tomgatesoupe
Contributor II

Problem solved,

It just forgot to build "lib_board_dp" and lib_chip_8Nxx" with Release configuration.

Tom,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tomgatesoupe
Contributor II

Problem solved,

It just forgot to build "lib_board_dp" and lib_chip_8Nxx" with Release configuration.

Tom,

0 Kudos
cameron1
Contributor II

Hi Tom,

I'm still having this exact same issue; I build all with the release configuration and the board will not boot on its own independent from "Debug". Can you tell me a bit more about your set up? Windows? Mac? Any other setting in the build configuration you can recall changing?

I've uninstalled MCUXpresso multiple times, always used a fresh copy of "app_demo" and have tried disabling semihosting anywhere I can find it but can never get the board to work outside of debut mode. The same goes for pressing the reset button. I've tested on two Macs.

Did you switch the P7 and P8 jumpers back to LED mode (and out of SWD mode?). I tried this but made no difference. I have nothing set up on P1 and P2.

Super perplexed by this and how to get it working.

Best,

Cameron

0 Kudos
tomgatesoupe
Contributor II

Hi Cameron,

I've tested on Windows 7 with MCUXpresso v10.1.1. I didn't change other setting in the build configuration.

I follow the instruction in UM11082 (User Manual for LPC8N04 Development Board), chapter 3.3 and 3.3.1

But I also had to build "lib_board_dp" and lib_chip_8Nxx" with Release configuration.

I don't remember exaclty but I may switch P7 and P8 jumpers back to LED mode and nothing on P1 and P2.

Try to switch P7 and P8 in SWD mode and put a jumper on P1 when you progamme the board if you still have the same issue...

Happy New Year

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
cameron1
Contributor II

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Trying under Windows 7 with exactly the same issue; attempted on a second board and same problem; it won't reset on its own after programming, regardless of jumpers. A couple of additional questions -

- After building in "Release", do you use "Debug" to program to the board or the "GUI Flash Tool"? (I use the "GUI Flash Tool" since I assume debug will pause execution...but maybe I'm off with this)

- Did you modify the code at all? Or this is all straight from the LPC8N04-MCUXpresso-BSP.zip?

- Did you "Build all" in release, then program the .axf? Or the .bin?

Sorry, just really perplexed as to why I've now "bricked" two boards (well, they work once after programming if I keep the option "Reset after programming" enabled - the manual reset button does nothing).

Best,

Cameron

0 Kudos