No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target.

graynomad
Contributor I

I've just installed MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 [Build 2516] [2019-06-05] onto Win 8.1, loaded all the SDK examples, plugged in a 11u68 Xpresso v2 dev board, built the demos_switch_blinky project, then go to debug the project and the IDE cannot find the debugger probe.

When I first plug the board in it shows as such in the device manager

9-08-2019 11-08-47 PM.jpg

When I hit the debug button the IDE goes into search mode and indeed seems to find the board because the LED next to the debug chip starts flashing and the device manager changes to this

9-08-2019 11-11-03 PM.jpg

However after a few seconds I get 

9-08-2019 11-10-44 PM.jpg

And the

"No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target."

error in the "Probes discovered" dialogue.

And no amount of cycling the power, rebooting the PC, or restarting the IDE makes any difference.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

graynomad
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply Alice. However before I noticed it I came across this document

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf

and it seemed to have something worth trying, on starting on page 240.

Sure enough my LPC-LinkII UCOM driver was version 1.0.0.0, I followed the instructions and installed v2.0.0.0 and lo and behold it worked.

So, in a nutshell my problem was an old driver, why I don't know as I had just installed the latest MCUXpresso, but I already had an earlier version installed and even a version of LPCXpresso, so maybe the latest install saw that a driver was installed and didn't bother overwriting it. I dunno.

Anyway, thanks for your response, that and this post will sit here now and hopefully help the next person with a similar problem.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rob,

OK, thanks for your sharing.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rob Gray,

Please try the below steps:

- Use a jumper connect  Link DFU(JP3);

- Connect J5 on board with PC;

- Open MCUXpresso IDE with a new workspace;

- Import a simple demo, build.

- Click "Boot Debug Probe" on menu:

pastedImage_1.png

it should shows below:

pastedImage_2.png

- Then click "Debug" button to try again:

pastedImage_3.png

If still can't work, you can change the debugger firmware to J-link using LPCscrypt:

LPCScrypt v2.1.0 | NXP 

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos