MIMXRT1050 serial port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1050 serial port

bilgi
Contributor I

I've just started usign my MIMXR1050-EVK. Upon installing mbedWinSerial driver, I can see the board on COM6 from windows side. But I can't connect using PuTTY and Tera Term. But board is functional since "bubble level" demo that leverages the onboard accelerometer is working.

How can I connect  MIMXR1050-EVK board through COM6?

2 Replies

miguel_mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Onder OZKAN,

I have been working with the "bubble" example coming in the SDK v2.4.0, of the MIMXRT1050, and I can connect to a terminal without any problem, so that, could you give me more details.

When you open the terminal, can you see and select the COM of the board?
   if the answer is yes, and the problem was that you do not see anything in the terminal, make sure that:
      - Your terminal setup is, baud rate: 115200, Data: 8 Bits, without  parity bits and 1 stop bit. 
      - In the settings of your project, the SKD debug console has to be in UART console, not in Semihost, in MCUXpresso IDE, you can check it and change it, in the Quickstart panel,       miscellaneous section >> Quick Settings  >> SDK debug console...
   if the answer is no, could you say me how you can see the Board on Windows, the name is mbed Serial Port?

Hopes it helps! Let me know if something of this helps, or if you still have problems.

regards, 

Miguel

0 Kudos

bilgi
Contributor I

Hi M.Alfanso,

I’ve solved the problem. I installed MCUXpresso IDE then again the driver. The problem was gone.

I’ll be continuing with FreeRTOS installation and development for an R&D project prototype system. I may need some more help in the near future.

Thank you.