MCUxpresso autoupdate failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUxpresso autoupdate failing

keithb_sps
Contributor II

I am using the latest version of MCUxpresso, and it is insisting it wants to update the pemicro drivers and SDK handler (see attached picture). On running the update, it dies with the error that it cannot get one of the files, with connection reset error (see attached picture). I have already checked with our IT dept, who say that it isn't blocked, and indeed it can be downloaded by entering the same URL into Chrome. Any ideas how I can persuade the IDE to update itself successfully??

Labels (1)
9 Replies

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I'd like to add to this and say that I was having exactly the same problem, and the fixed turned out to be to change the PE Micro update site from http:// to https://.

Scott

0 Kudos

keithb_sps
Contributor II

Just to let you know this has finally ben solved.

Even though the IT bods insisted that I should be able to get the file, and even though I could manually download the same file in Chrome, it does indeed look like it is some kind of networking issue.

I took the PC home at the weekend, and tried it on my home network, and MCUxpresso updated perfectly happily.

Yes, I have had a moan at our IT dept, but I suspect I will still have the same issue next time there is an update :smileysad:

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is almost certainly a networking issue that is preventing the IDE from communicating with the update sites, not something wrong in the IDE itself.

One workaround we have seen help here in the past ourselves was to provide an alternate DNS server in your network configuration to look up the site names (as the corporate DNS was refusing to resolve the lookups correctly). So maybe try adding OpenDNS (208.67.222.222) or Google (8.8.8.8) as secondary DNS servers.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

keithb_sps
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Installed.png

regards,

Keith

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Keith,

What is the OS that you are working on?

If you are working on Windows 10, could you please uninstall and install MCUxpresso? I tested by my side and with other computers and the new driver update works without any problem.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

keithb_sps
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I'm using Windows 10 1903.

I tried your suggestion of uninstalling, and reinstalling, but the result using either upgrade method is still exactly the same.

As it's not a critical update, maybe it's not worth spending much more time chasing the fault, and just wait until a new IDE version is released.

regards,

Keith

0 Kudos

keithb_sps
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I tried following your method, but unfortunately got exactly the same error as I previously described.

I am using version MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0 [Build 3209] [2019-12-12].

regards,

Keith

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Keith,

Could you please provide the Installed Software that you have?

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Keith,

Just to confirm, are you working with the MCUxpresso IDE v11.1.0?

Could you please provide the next steps that you did?

Please see my process below.

1. Select the help tab/ Install New Software.

pastedImage_1.png

2. Select the PEmicro option in the work with and select the PE Micro software

pastedImage_2.png

3. A new window will appear with the request that you select.

pastedImage_3.png

4. Accept the terms and conditions for this software

5. A security warning will appear, please select Install Anyway option

pastedImage_4.png

Restart the MCUxpresso IDE to apply the changes.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos