MCUexpresso KDS debug conflict?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUexpresso KDS debug conflict?

baldurthorgilss
Contributor III

I had Kinetis Design Studio working well, but I just installed the MCUexpresso  as it seems the way to go. I have two problems now:

1) I don't see my Kinetis kl46z processor in the menu for new projects in the MCUexpresso(or any other Kinetis processors). Do I install them separately?

2) I can not debug anymore in Kinetis Design Studio with my PE Multilink debugger (bare metal project, No Device available). Is it possible that MCUexpresso destroys the drivers for KDS?

Best regards

Baldur

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Baldur Thorgilsson,

1. Using MCUXpresso IDE need  install SDKv2.x , firstly SDKs for MCUXpresso IDE can be generated and downloaded as required using the SDK Builder on the MCUXpresso Config Tools website at:
http://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/

then 'drag and drop' the SDK package into “Installed SDKs” view.

About the detail steps you can refer to "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide"-> 4.4 Installing an SDK

2. The KDS and MCUXpresso IDE can exist at the same time.

Please closes the KDS, change to a new workspace to have a try . If still can't work, please show

me some more information , take a video , or  take some screenshots about the problem , Device Manager of your PC and

so on .

Hope it helps,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

baldurthorgilss
Contributor III

Thank you so much for your help. I created the sdk, imported it and now I can see my processor and am able to explore this new interesting IDE.

Also I was able to get my debugging going in KDS by downloading new P&E drivers.

Thus I am  now able to do my old work (KDS) and ready for new adventures (mcuXpresso) :-)

Thank you,

Baldur

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Baldur,

Ok ,sounds good.

Best Regard,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos