cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso licence 'data/results' clause

Jump to solution
niallmaccarthy
Contributor I

Before I can install any software at my workplace it needs to be reviewed by our legal team. Regarding MCU Xpresso they have asked for clarification on what the term below requires for compliance, for example it is unlclear what data or results are being referred to, and specifically where such a report should be sent. My personal assumption is that this would refer to benchmarking activity which I have no intention to carry out. Can the NXP support team confirm that if no benchmarking activity is carried out that there is no requirement to send NXP a quarterly report?

MCU Xpresso IDE

Licence reference: LA_OPT_TOOL Software Tools v12 June 2018

3.8.         You may not publish or distribute information, results or data associated with the use of the Licensed Software to anyone other than NXP; however, you must advise NXP on at least a quarterly basis of any results obtained including any problems or suggested improvements thereof.  NXP retains the right to use such results and related information in any manner it deems appropriate

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niall,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

I don't receiver any reply from legal team until today.

While, I could make below confirmation.

Can you confirm that in regard to section 3.8 that there is in fact no requirment to send any quarterly report to NXP?

TS: Confirm. There is no requirement to send any quarterly report to NXP in regard to section 3.8.

Thanks for the attention.

Have a great day,
Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There doesn't required to report any benchmarking activity to NXP quarterly.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
niallmaccarthy
Contributor I

Hello Hui_Ma,

Thank you for your reply. However this response is not be clear enough for me to send back to our legal department. You have responded that in the case of benchmarking that a quarterly report does not need to be sent to NXP. That is one specific case. In my question I said that benchmarking was not intended at all. Our legal department will want to know if you need a quartely report on for example user experience, suggestions for improvements etc.

Can you confirm that in regard to section 3.8 that there is in fact no requirment to send any quarterly report to NXP.

Kind Regards,

Niall

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niall,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

I don't receiver any reply from legal team until today.

While, I could make below confirmation.

Can you confirm that in regard to section 3.8 that there is in fact no requirment to send any quarterly report to NXP?

TS: Confirm. There is no requirement to send any quarterly report to NXP in regard to section 3.8.

Thanks for the attention.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note:

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niall,

About software license clause detailed info, which beyond my technical support range.

I need check with NXP Legal department for help.

I will let you know when there with any feedback.

Thanks for the patience.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note:

0 Kudos