cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE的问题咨询

damonzhang
Contributor I

MCUXpresso IDE的问题咨询
MCUXpresso IDE是使用gcc编译的,gcc默认是输出elf文件的,为什么工具设置输出axf文件呢,这两个文件是一样的文件格式吗?这个和MDK5的ARMCC编译出来的axf是否存在区别?能否用keil来调试gcc编译出来的axf呢?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The ELF/Dwarf standard does not set a standard output file extension. Common extensions are .elf, .axf or .abs. To verify the format of the file, you could open it in a text editor (look for ELF at the beginning) or use the readelf command (see Converting a Raw Binary File into an ELF/Dwarf File for Loading and Debugging | MCU on Eclipse ).

Because ELF/Dwarf is standardized (there are different revisions of the standard), it makes the format interchangable, so in theory you can produce and consume the files with different sets of tools. In my experience the GNU tools are doing a good job on this. But you might run into some issues (especially with debugging) as every standard can leave some room for interpretations, and in most cases tool chains are tested with what they produce, and not with mix-and-match combinations. So technically you will be able to debug axf (or any ELF/Dwarf) files with Keil or vice versa.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Damon,

Please see the following thread for more information about the axf format:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/485980 

About your last question, I don't think it is possible to debug an axf file compiled by gcc.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos