MCUXpresso Failing to discover CMISIS-DAP probe on Eval Boards, Redlink Server not opening

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Failing to discover CMISIS-DAP probe on Eval Boards, Redlink Server not opening

thimsenma
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having problems getting MCUXpresso 11.0 to discover the probes on 2 eval boards (MIMXRT 1064-EVK and MIMXRT 1050-EVK). I am using Windows 10

When I launch the debugger, the IDE gets stuck on "Probe discovering for MCUXpresso IDE Linkserver (inc. CMISIS-DAP) Probes" until it times out then I get the following error:

RedlinkServerException

Reason:

Cannot write to server: not open

Cannot write to server: not open
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.getWriter(RedlinkServerClient.java:599)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.writeln(RedlinkServerClient.java:1216)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.send(RedlinkServerClient.java:996)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1047)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1033)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1021)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.probeList(RedlinkServerClient.java:931)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.common.redlinkserver.RedlinkServerEmuHandler.discoverEmulators(RedlinkServerEmuHandler.java:196)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.win.AbstractWinServerProbe.discoverEmulators(AbstractWinServerProbe.java:75)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.EmulatorsDB.getEmus(EmulatorsDB.java:338)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.EmulatorsDB.getEmulatorInfo(EmulatorsDB.java:254)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.EmulatorsDB.getAvailableEmulators(EmulatorsDB.java:181)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.TargetDiscovery.getAvailableEmulators(TargetDiscovery.java:514)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.CRTLaunchConfigHandler.probeDiscovery(CRTLaunchConfigHandler.java:616)
      at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.ProbeDiscoveryJob.run(ProbeDiscoveryJob.java:64)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

I've tried:

-with the J42 jumper connected on the RT 1064 EVK (uses LPC link probe instead of cmisis-dap)

-disabling windows firewall

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

zophai
Contributor I

I just solved this problem.

1.check the firewall and secure software on your PC, allow redlinkserv and mcuxpresso(just like other answers mentioned)

2.try to use VPN, maybe your request was banned by your country's firewall

This works for me, hope it can help you.

And there is another issue similar to this one, https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/Cannot-start-debug-session-MCUXpresso-is-stuck-at-quot-T...

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If you're sure this is not caused by firewall, please see this link. https://community.nxp.com/thread/488636 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

thimsenma
Contributor I

I'm not positive that this is not caused by my firewall, but completely disabling the firewall in windows does not have an effect.

Attempting to start redlinkserv.exe from the command line results in the following error:

"The code execution could not proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

The file is in my system32 folder though.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is a red icon in the bar which can reset redlink.

pastedImage_1.png

If that doesn't work, please try to reinstall the CMSIS_DAP driver. If it doesn't work, can your try to reinstall MCUXpresso?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

thimsenma
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

I have tried all three suggestions and the error persists. I am not entirely confident that it isn't the firewall though, is it possible that I need to give access to something other than MCUXpresso?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you can try KEIL or IAR.

0 Kudos