cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Config Tools is incompatible with macOS Catalina 10.15

Jump to solution
mdwagner
Contributor I

I recently upgraded a MacBook Pro from my old MacBook Air. I had previously installed MCUXpresso Config Tools on my MacBook Air running High Sierra at the time and the tools continued to work after I had upgraded to Catalina. When I went to install the config tools on my MacBook Pro running Catalina the installer failed with:

This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

The package is trying to install content to the system volume. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I tried to install the tools on other Macs running Catalina all failed with the same error. I have attached the installer log which shows the issue is likely related to the System Integrity Protection and System Policy changes in Catalina where the installer is trying to install something to a now protected part of the disk:

Package Authoring Error: Package contains system volume install location content. Installation cannot proceed since installing to the system volume is not possible.

1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

these days Config Tools version 7.0.1 were released which can be installed on Mac OS Catalina. Exception has to be added, as the installer is not notarized yet.

MCUXpresso Config Tools|Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP 

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

these days Config Tools version 7.0.1 were released which can be installed on Mac OS Catalina. Exception has to be added, as the installer is not notarized yet.

MCUXpresso Config Tools|Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP 

Regards,

Libor

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michael,

we are aware of the issue and we are working on it, including the notarization process. I'll let you know once there's an outlook when the installer can be published.

Regards,

Libor

aurel_savoiu
Contributor I

Any updates on this ? I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Aurel,

I cannot promise exact date as all formalities were not finished; it is probable it will be within 1-2 weeks.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos