MCUX 11.0.0 - Error in final launch sequence, connection actively refused?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUX 11.0.0 - Error in final launch sequence, connection actively refused?

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I'm doing some development with a FRDM-K66F board and MCUX v11.0.0.  On Friday, I had the "lwip_tcpecho_freertos" demo running on it just fine using the onboard J-Link OpenSDA.  Then I upgraded my machine to Windows 10 v1903 (from v1803).  I fear this might have been a mistake.

I've restarted my machine, power-cycled the FRDM kit (disconnect/reconnect USB), deleted the old launch file, started MCUX 11.0.0, shift-clicked the blue bug to discover the J-Link OpenSDA probe (again), and launched the debug session.  After a few seconds, instead of the J-Link four-bar-graph window popping up, I get an MCUX error dialog:

mcux_debugger_connection_refused.png

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:2331

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:2331: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

localhost:2331: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
localhost:2331: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Needless to say, this makes the IDE pretty useless for downloading new builds to target hardware.  Is there some Windows Firewall settings that I need to change?  Please help... this was working before my Windows 10 v1903 upgrade, and I fear that others may encounter the same issue.  Thanks.

David R.

1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please check the Windows device manager, the FRDM-K66F OpenSDA J-Link debugger tool was recognized.

If no, please re-install Segger J-Link software package and related driver.

If yes, please select the correct port, should be USB in debugger config panel for Segger J-Link.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please check the Windows device manager, the FRDM-K66F OpenSDA J-Link debugger tool was recognized.

If no, please re-install Segger J-Link software package and related driver.

If yes, please select the correct port, should be USB in debugger config panel for Segger J-Link.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike.

athmesh_n
Contributor IV

Hi, I have experienced the same issue, asked by drodgers‌. There's no issue in the device as seen from device manager. And also I've updated the driver from segger website to 6.80 which is found to be the latest.

I have worked on MCUXpresso with no issues like this for more than a year, This is the first time am facing such an issue. Kindly help me with a solution.

pastedImage_1.png

[16-6-2020 03:45:43] Executing Server: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe" -nosilent -swoport 2332 -select USB=788594195 -telnetport 2333 -singlerun -endian little -noir -speed auto -port 2331 -vd -device LPC1765 -if SWD -halt -reportuseraction
SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V6.80b Command Line Version

JLinkARM.dll V6.80b (DLL compiled Jun 5 2020 17:40:22)

Command line: -nosilent -swoport 2332 -select USB=788594195 -telnetport 2333 -singlerun -endian little -noir -speed auto -port 2331 -vd -device LPC1765 -if SWD -halt -reportuseraction
-----GDB Server start settings-----
GDBInit file: none
GDB Server Listening port: 2331
SWO raw output listening port: 2332
Terminal I/O port: 2333
Accept remote connection: localhost only
Generate logfile: off
Verify download: on
Init regs on start: off
Silent mode: off
Single run mode: on
Target connection timeout: 0 ms
------J-Link related settings------
J-Link Host interface: USB
J-Link script: none
J-Link settings file: none
------Target related settings------
Target device: LPC1765
Target interface: SWD
Target interface speed: auto
Target endian: little

Could not select J-Link with specified S/N (788594195).
GDBServer will be closed...
Shutting down...
Could not connect to J-Link.
Please check power, connection and settings.

0 Kudos
mervezda
Contributor I

I couldn't find Segger 6.80 on the browser when I searched. I saw 6.77 or so on. Did you use the segger jtags or just its software? Because I couldn't afford to buy its jtag.

0 Kudos
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

The J-Link driver was already being recognized, but apparently installing the latest (v6.46j) SEGGER drivers made things happy again.  Not sure why that was necessary, but at least it works now.  Thanks.

ha
Contributor I

Hi,

I could not be able to find this Segger driver . Please advise where to get it.

Thanks,

------------

Error in final launch sequence:

Thanks

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

To find which driver? The error indicates that either your target is not powered (or most likely) you got the SWD cable oriente the wrong way: make sure the red wire corresponds to pin 1.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos