cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Xpresso editor line spacing

Jump to solution
ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

How do I set the line spacing in the built-in text editors?

I have a certain program that whenever I scroll past line 550, it quadruples the line spacing, and it remains that way.

I would just like to return it to the standard value.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Unfortunately, that doesn't work if the errant character was introduced using an earlier version of MCUXpresso without the bug!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
converse
Senior Contributor V

Could the be a control character in the file around line 550? I have much larger files and have no such problem.

converse
Senior Contributor V

It could be due to this Eclipse bug report caused by multi-byte characters.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=206740

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Thanks,

That’s the one. I had a Σ in the comment field where I was doing linear regression.

it upset a PC running the latest version of MCUXpresso, but my laptop which was running an older version on Linux was quite happy.

There also seems to be a bug in this forum software. It lets me type the reply, then asks me to log in, then tells me that an unexpected error occurred and loses what I typed, so that I have to type it again.

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

Re the forum bug: the workaround is to use the Back button in the browser - pressing twice should take you back to your typing, so you don’t lose anything! Annoying, but it saves a lot of retuning!

0 Kudos
ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Unfortunately, that doesn't work if the errant character was introduced using an earlier version of MCUXpresso without the bug!

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

never seen something like this. Can you share some more details (version of IDE, host, ...)?

Does it happen for every file or just for one?

0 Kudos