cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU BOOT for LPC54618

John16
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm looking for mcu-boot for LPC54618 MCU. It is not included in the SDK, but I managed to get it from LPC54016 SDK. 

The problem is when I turned on BL_FEATURE_RELIABLE_UPDATE and BL_TARGET_FLASH, there are 2 files included by bl_context.h but can't be found. I can't find these files anywhere, looked into the entire SDK folder, or even SDK for Kinetis MCU, but still can't find them. Those files are:

#include "flashiap_wrapper/fsl_flashiap_wrapper.h"
#include "memory/src/flashiap_memory.h"

Anybody has similar issue before?

My goal is I wanted to create a bootloader and divide my flash into 3 section:

1. Bootloader

2. Main application

3. New application --> this section can be in internal or external flash.

The objective is to let the application write the "new application" into the section 3 without interrupting the application operation itself. After the download completed, the host will issue a command to let the MCU reboot and go to bootloader. The bootloader will verify the integrity of the "new application" in the section 3, and if it is intact, copy them to section 2 ("main application"). 

I've done this using mcu-boot in Kinetis K64F before, and would like to do the same in LPC54618 MCU.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yohannes Budiono Jinawi,

The mcu-boot under SDK doesn't support LPC546xx.

There is a Secondary Bootloader for lpcxpresso 54608 board AN12384:LPC546XX Microcontroller (MCU) Family | NXP  , the same with LPC54618,  you can refer to it and your K64 bootloader to realize your goal.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

John16
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried your solution. But somehow the YModem is not working for me. I tried using TeraTerm. 

I would prefer if we can use mcu-boot with thie MCU. I found LPC54018 has example for mcu-boot. But when I activated BL_FEATURE_RELIABLE_UPDATE=1, there is an error due to missing files. 

Some files required by bl_context.h are missing:

#include "flashiap_wrapper/fsl_flashiap_wrapper.h"
#include "memory/src/flashiap_memory.h"

I believe NXP should have tested this bootloader, since the file name is there. Maybe it is not shipped with the example because LPC54018 is flash-less. I need these files because my LPC54606 has internal flash. 

Can help to find out where can we get these files?

Thank you

0 Kudos