cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lpc-Link2 can’t download.

tmunekat
Contributor I

Lpc-Link2 can’t download.

I was using Lpc-Link with MCUXpresso 10  and 11 to download and debug LPC1114FN28/102. I cut lpc-Link from Lpcxpresso LPC1347 at J6 Connector. I used the 8-pin connection to interface LPC114 and Lpc-link. I was happy with the system was working even though sometimes MCUXpresso could not find the Lpc-Link and could not download the compiled code.I broke the Lcp-link cup by touching reset pin to higher Vcc instead of grounding it by mistake.

Now I have Lpc-link2 board. I am using the same hardware set up but can't download any code. It seems that the problem(s) may be caused by Link2 USB windows driver not completely installed.

• Error on Console View in MCUXpresso

GUI Fash tool console for MCUXpresso IDE LinkServer(inc. CMSDIS-DAP) probes         

Executing flash operation 'Program' (Program file into flash: periph_blinky.axf) - Sat Sep 14 22:15:45 CDT 2019

Checking MCU info...

Scanning for targets...

Executing flash action...

MCUXpresso IDE RedlinkMulti Driver v11.0 (May 22 2019 13:46:40 - crt_emu_cm_redlink.exe build 6)

(  0) Reading remote configuration

Wc(03). No cache support.

Found part description in XML file LPC11xx.xme

(  5) Remote configuration complete

Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.

Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (using server started externally) reports:

'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.'

Retrying...

Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.

Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

No connection to chip's debug port

(100) Target Connection Failed

Unable to perform operation!

Command failed with exit code 1

• Information text box for LPC-LinkII UCom Port (COM7) Properties of Windows 10

Device USB\VID_1FC9&PID_0090&MI_01\7&248ec784&0&0001 requires further installation.

• Information text box for LPC based USB device properties of Windows 10

Device USB\VID_1FC9&PID_000C\ABCD requires further installation.

Looks like Windows 10 is not happy with my 2 LPC-Link2 drivers. By the way, I used the above setup for LPC1347, 8-pin interface and Lpc-Link. It also worked fine(download and debug). But not Lpc-Link2. It seems to me Lpc-Link2 is better and main debug hardware from NXP to used in MCUXpresso. Then I should be able to find more comprehensive debug user information in MCUXpresso documentation.

Please let me know if I missed some information. Or should I go get another LPCXpresso LPC1347 board to use Lpc-Link. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashi Munekata ,

Could you please take a picture about how do you connect LPC-LINK2 with your chip.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

tmunekat
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

thanks for your inquiry. Right now I have no access to my hardware. I can't send you its picture.

I started out using LPCxpresso LPC1347. I cut LPC-LINK J4/J6 connection from LPC1347 board. I connect LPC-LINK board to my board with LPC1114fn28/102 using 8-pin J4 of LPC-LINK. I could download my code to both LPC1347 and LPC1114FN using Lpc-Link. I broke the Lpc-Link board.

I purchased LPC_LINK2. I set up same interface used in the LPC-LINK except one pin(9-pin). But I don't have any success of downloading to LPC1347 or to LPC1114 board.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashi Munekata,

The  LPC-link2 support LPC1347 and LPC1114.

Have a look at this thread:

Programming a LPC1114 with LPC-Link 2 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/388964 

0 Kudos