LPCExpresso LPC1 and debug probe lpc-link2, use with lpc1800 series

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCExpresso LPC1 and debug probe lpc-link2, use with lpc1800 series

kwat100br
Contributor I

I have an LPCExpresso LPCXpresso Board for LPC1115|NXP . 

I would like to use the debug probe to program a custom board with an LPC18XX series chip.

I saw this lpc firmware programming guide. In the introduction we have "LPCScrypt is a fast flash and security programming tool for the LPC18xx and LPC43xx series of microcontrollers."

but I wasn't sure if that only applied to the script and not the debugger on the LPCXpresso Board for LPC1115|NXP 

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually the original LPC-Link(1) debug probe can be used with the LPC1800 family for debugging with MCUXpresso IDE. However we would generally recommend using LPC-Link2 instead (which will provide a more powerful and faster debugging experience). There is a summary for LPCXpresso IDE in the below FAQ, which remains basically correct for LinkServer debug connections with MCUXpresso IDE too (though old LPC2000/3000 devices are not longer supported):

Which debug probes are supported by LPCXpresso IDE with which MCUs? 

The LPCScrypt product can also be used to program flash of LPC1800 devices - as long as your board can be configured to boot the LPC1800 into USB DFU mode. Thus this provides the ability to flash over USB - but not integrated as part of a debug session.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kwat,

Unfortunately the debug probe that comes with the LPC1115 board is not compatible with the LPC18xx devices, you will need to use the LPC-Link2 debug probe for that:

LPC-Link2|NXP 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

kwat100br
Contributor I

Awesome! Thank you

-Kevin Kuwata

0 Kudos