cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC845 MCUXpresso 10.2 + SDK 2.4.0, add function to source

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Dear friend,

Continuing with my evaluation of LPC845M301JBD48 over board LPC845MAX I found a frustating issue, not clear if is my computer or I'm doing something really wrong.
I check the new MCUXpresso 10.2 with the new SDK 2.4.0 and apparentelly all work fine. My objetive is prepare a 'baremetal' configuration over the LPC845MAX board,...it work well with simple program like 'hello world', with header 'stdio.h' and 'semihosting' interface,...

Problem arise when I try to include MCU' functions, like the simple functions from the gpio' header,... just I created configuration with the 'Configuration Tools', I updated pins & clock into project (and aparentelly all was ok),... I checked it comparing with the 'led blinky' example (tons of times) resulting all headers, sources, etc (aparentelly) well,... but the funtion (gpio_pin_config_t) still appear unknow in my build,... note I copy & paste this funtion in my source from 'led blinking' example (not clear for me if I can drag & drop funtions in some way like I saw in old video from 'processor expert' (how to do this from sdk or mcuxpresso?), I don't find procedures, how to,.. in a lot of Gogge search or internal documents in NXP),... so my questions:

1- How can review how it work & implement in my code all these MCU functions that appear in 'headers'?.

2- I'm assume the 'baremetal' configuration over LPC845MAX (target MCU) has not incompatibilities issues and I can done it with the normal SDK and software structures we have in resouces, it's not?.

3- Due these question are quite simples from a conceptual point of view (sorry for it), there is some recomended book or document or videos to end these questions? (I found interesting books, videos, documents,... for others MCU but not for the NXP LPC845,...).

4- Last (but not least) I'm evaluatig LPC845 with the pourpouse of make several pcb to apply it in real problems,... I have in my focus the (monster) LPC546xx,... (due the display, the interfaces, the program capacity etc), the amount resouces and the tools are the same than in LPC845 or to improve the process is better do another approach?.

Thanks in advance for your answers and time.

Best Regards

Luis

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

Aswering your questions:

1.- I would recommend you to review the SDK examples for information on how to use the driver functions.

2.- If you want a baremetal project then I would recommend that you use the LPC845 Code Bundle instead of the SDK drivers:

LPC800 Code Bundles|NXP 

3.- You can find several videos about the MCUXpresso software and tools on this page, the same steps apply for any MCU:

https://www.nxp.com/search?category=support_videos&keyword=mcuxpresso 

4.- The LPC546xx family has the same MCUXpresso software and tools support.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

luis-martinez
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Many thanks your answer, it really help.
I'm checking rigth now the SDK examples during debugging,... how the functions works and how the IDE's interactive pop-up, interactivelly, explaining what the function does,... (for instance "GPIO_PortToggle;  Details:{void (GPIO_Type *, uint32_t, uint32_t)} 0xe84 <GPIO_PortToggle>"),... but what is an mistery for me is how to include the original expression inside my source code,... I still in the idea I have a problem with 'configuration tool' but not clear what could be,... it seem all ok but I affraid it does not include the generated source (with the pinout configuration code) in the project,... I still checking,...

Please, why it's better use the code bundle instead SDK?, seem it shall be better the SDK,...

Thanks for the material I will review it to verify if appear my problem.

Good news about the LPC546xx,... I'm progressing (slowly) but in the good way,...

Best Regard

Luis Martinez

0 Kudos