LPC55S14 Debug Error Encountered

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S14 Debug Error Encountered

18rkuce
Contributor I

After connecting the LPC-Link-2 I attempted to debug my board where I am given the following error message.

debugErrorSnip.PNG

Followed same installation process as peer who had no issue debugging my board.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

18rkuce
Contributor I

Unfortunately, these suggestions did not resolve my issue. Let me re-iterate that a peer of mine was able to program my board using my LPC-Link2 with his MCUXpresso project.

Attached is another error code which is very similar to the first but may be helpful in narrowing down the issue.

18rkuce_0-1637276826811.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If the board can be well connected on other computer, the problem is on your PC side, windows system or IDE install.

The debug driver is installed together with IDE folder. Try reinstall IDE to make sure the driver is ok.

As I suggested "4. If all above can't solve the issue, try to use LPCScrypt to update LPC-Link2 firmware to Jlink firmware. Test if your target can be connected with Jlink interface."  It failed as well? If so, try to test core with Jlink commander as attached video shows. This is to identify if the problem is related with IDE itself.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi

To shoot the trouble

1. test your LPC-Link2 on another board. make sure it is in good condition. 

2. To avoid workspace old associations, create a NEW workspace and NEW project, test if it can be connected.

3. To avoid on chip program interruption, connect the target in ISP mode.

4. If all above can't solve the issue, try to use LPCScrypt to update LPC-Link2 firmware to Jlink firmware. Test if your target can be connected with Jlink interface.

please note. if your LPC55S14 secure boot is enabled, there is no way to enable debug any more. 

Hope this helps,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos