Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K20D72M Tower

Jump to solution
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I have the K20D72M Tower board.

I would like to build the KSDK for the board, but it seems this one is not in the list. 

It seems to be overlapped with another processor, and I ended to download the

SDK_2.2.0_MK20DX256xxx10

Image. With this directory it is not possible to import a project in the MCSExpresso.

So it seems I need to build a project from the scratch..

If there is a normal way to have a starting project for this board I need to know...

I have not found  anything working..

Thank You

Pietro

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

I'm really sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but MCUXpresso does not support the use of the TWR-K20D72M.

The SDK package found on the MCUXpresso SDK builder is for the 100MHz variant of the MK20D. The TWR-K60D development kit can be used to develop for the 100MHz variant of the MK20D.

The development tools available for which examples and libraries are provided for use with the K20D72M are CodeWarrior and IAR Embedded Workbench, which are the examples included in the Labs and Demos Pacakge for the K20D72M.

The Redlib library is included with MCUXpresso, and includes some extensions to the C90 standard C library, like some parts of the C99 Specification, for example, single precision math operations, and integer to string conversion, among other functionality. For more information about this, could you please take a look at MCUXpresso's User Guide, chapter 16?

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

19 Replies
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Thank You..

I am progressing after the initial panic. I don t know why the SDA is not working. I can use the serial port on it but I am compelled to use the JTAG. For now I can survive. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Also please tell me what is the __REDLIB__  macro and library ???

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

I'm really sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but MCUXpresso does not support the use of the TWR-K20D72M.

The SDK package found on the MCUXpresso SDK builder is for the 100MHz variant of the MK20D. The TWR-K60D development kit can be used to develop for the 100MHz variant of the MK20D.

The development tools available for which examples and libraries are provided for use with the K20D72M are CodeWarrior and IAR Embedded Workbench, which are the examples included in the Labs and Demos Pacakge for the K20D72M.

The Redlib library is included with MCUXpresso, and includes some extensions to the C90 standard C library, like some parts of the C99 Specification, for example, single precision math operations, and integer to string conversion, among other functionality. For more information about this, could you please take a look at MCUXpresso's User Guide, chapter 16?

Best regards,

Sebastian

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi

I would like to have the SDA working. But for now is a limited problem. I fit with the JTAG, but I miss the console terminal.

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

The example code included in the Labs and Demo for the K20D72M is available for both IAR and CodeWarrior IDEs, but they are not supported by MCUXpresso.

To be able to run these examples, as well as new projects, either IAR or CodeWarrior IDEs need to be used for proper building support, as well as to read the debug printf messages, as CodeWarrior implements a semihosting interface, which is where the device is printing the messages to.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Thank You

I need to work with the MCUExpresso.

Right now I am able to use the PRINTF from the fsl_debug_console.c

I am moderately happy.

I need to setup the clock for the 72 MHz.

The SDK example has this structure

const osc_config_t oscConfig_BOARD_BootClockRUN =
{
.freq = 50000000U, /* Oscillator frequency: 50000000Hz */
.capLoad = (OSC_CAP0P), /* Oscillator capacity load: 0pF */
.workMode = kOSC_ModeExt, /* Use external clock */
.oscerConfig =
{
.enableMode = kOSC_ErClkEnable, /* Enable external reference clock, disable external reference clock in STOP mode */
}
};

to use in the BOARD_BootClockRUN().;

Here the freq is 50000000 but on this board the cristal is 8000000Hz

It seems not consistent. 

Effectively downloading the SDK for the K20 I got the directory SDK_2.2.0_MK20DX256xxx10

and under board I find the twrk60d100m directory. So it seems it is referring to a different processor.

The confusion is total. Can you suggest a source with the correct initialization of the 72 MHz clock

using the SDK ( calling the BOARD_BootClockRUN() ) for this board?

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

Writing so much today.

I managed to have a running project with the JTAG. The problem is the FLashConfig section need to be placed manually in the right place.

At least something is working.

I see the printf does not work in this configuration. The serial port is visible in the terminal. So maybe I need a special library for this.

I see the __REDLIB__ macro in the setup. Suggest me if I need a special setting for getting the printf running.

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

Thank You For the follow up.

Can You confir me the TWR-TWRPI-BD has not the schematic available???

I received and in the box there is a document with the jumpers, but no schematic is here available...

I have not yet received the main board. When it will be on my table I will try to build the project for the MCUExpresso..

I will see if everything proceed smoothly...

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

I attached a ZIP with the schematics for the TWR-TWRPI-BD.

They can be opened using software provided by Allegro.

Best regards,

Sebastian

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

Many works in parallel.

I am grateful for this assistance, I received the TWR-K20D72M right now. I will begin to work tomorrow.

You will hear from me.

Thank You Bery much.

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

I have the board now.

First time out of the box the application was running I had the output on the console.

I connected to the MCUExpresso, It claims the update. I shorted the J15 and the update has gone successfully.

I reopen the J15 and the board is useless. No connection is possible.

I need a suggestion.

Urgently.

I am trying to attach the video but I fail to understand how it is possible.

I see and insert video on the toolbar here but it is incomprehensible what to do.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

All of the day I am fighting to have a working system.

Now I am able to connect with the JTAG, but after programming it says the processor is in secure mode, proposing to unsecure.

I accept and the result is a total crash. Probably the project I build fromthe scratch is not working.

I would like to send the project but I do not find a way to attacj anything. 

So please let me know  how to use this service to attach a video or a file.

In parallel If you can prepare a sample project to use with the MCUExpresso to begin it would help...

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi

The  example projects are not using the SDK. Just direct access to the registers..

Fix me if it is correct.

The SDK builder delivers me SDK_2.2.0_MK20DX256xxx10 package. The strange is the directory

boards has only the

twrk60d100m

directory. So it seems this building is giving examples for another processor. Or may be this board is also for the other processor???

The examples here are mapped correctly to the pinout of the K20 tower board. 

It is largely unclear what is happening.

It seems in the end I will need to build the project from the scratch

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro,

The SDK available for the K20D72M pre-dates the existence of MCUXpresso, and, for this reason, is not supported by it.

The available IDEs for developing with this SDK are both CodeWarrior 10.2 and IAR Embedded Workbench, and the projects and build configurations for each of these are included in the following folder of the Labs and Code Examples archive for the TWR-K20D72M:

• IAR Embedded Workbench: …\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\iar
  • CodeWarrior 10.2: …\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\cw

Also, there's executables on each of these two folders that allow you to run a script which creates a new project, based on the hello_world SDK example.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but the documents located in the "Software And Documentation" section of the TWR-TWRPI-BD are the ones available to share right now. 

Best regards,

Sebastian

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian 

I am now working with the imported project.

No one of them is building. When I ask for the build I get

Nothing to build for project twr_k20d72m_demo

Have you suggestions???

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

I bought this board TWR-TWRPI-BD

I do not find the schematic.

Only a description with the jumpers and the connectors.

Is there a detailed schematic???

Thank You

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian

Yes I have loaded the projects from this archive...

Thank You

Pietro

0 Kudos
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I need just a short advice..

Is it so hard time???

Pietro

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pietro, I hope you're doing well!

Unfortunately, due to current world events and our current workload, answers may not be as quick as usual.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, still, here's the answer to your question:

The TWR-K20D72M Labs and Code Examples can be downloaded from the TWR-K20D72M's product page. It contains the drivers, as well as some examples for getting started with development on this platform. It includes build support for CodeWarrior and IAR Embedded Workbench IDEs, along with documentation for how to run the demo applications.

Best regards,

Sebastian