cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set LPCD ?

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi All, 

I am using the PN7462AU for the card detection and operation on it with "phExCcid" example in MCUXPRESSO - IDE.

I have disabled the DPC and used the internal TxLDO source using the NXP Cockpit software.

Now because of it detects the same Contact-Less Card repetitively, which should not be done/happen, it an error.

After some research, I have found in application note by nxp, that if we are not using the DPC(enbale) then we can set the LPCD- LOW POWER CARD DETECTION.

I am developing these code with my custom hardware, And I am not getting that how do I set LPCD for my custom made board. I am getting document through which I can configure the LPCD.

So, I will request to provide me support on the : 

1. How to set the LPCD on the Custom board(what are steps and procedure to configure it).

2. How configure the DPC settings for the Internally selected TxLDO Source for the Custom made board.

Looking forward for the support and response.

Thanks In Advance.

Best Regards

Manva Trivedi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

We provide an app note on LPCD topic with PN7462, please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11785.pdf  for details. and if you develop your application based on the NFC reader library, you may define the macro of  "NXPBUILD__PHAC_DISCLOOP_LPCD" to include all the source codes for LPCD.

For DPC configuration, please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11742.pdf  for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li‌,

I have already read above document which is shared in the link.

After going through the Application Note for the LPCD I am unable to configure it or use it.

Even I was unable to get the "NXPBUILD__PHAC_DISCLOOP_LPCD" macro in my example, I am using "phExCcid" example for the Contact & Contact-Less cards.

For the DPC, I have read about the increasing & decreasing the LUT gear size and also increasing of it with DPC enable & disable conditions. But I am unable to added more gear into it because I don't know the proper procedure of it.

So, Can you please provide me steps for setting the LPCD variables & increasing the DPC gears size accordingly.

Looking forwards for your support.

Regards

Manva

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

The CCID demo has option to enable the LPCD, please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Please note the demo disable LPCD by default, so you have to enable it manually.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li‌,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked and found that it was disabled condition with below statement in clif.c file & I passed the "true" instead of the "false" to turn on the LPCD.

" wStatus = phacDiscLoop_SetConfig(psDiscLoopParams,PHAC_DISCLOOP_CONFIG_ENABLE_LPCD, false);"

Now, I am testing the LPCD condition.

And I am also looking for your support on increasing the gear size, How can we do it can you please guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Manva Trivedi

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan, 

I have tested the LPCD and I am not getting difference when LPCD is turned ON & OFF.

The detection range remains the same. Can please let know about this ?

Regards

Manva Trivedi

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

The detection range varies with antenna size, so it is not the right way the check if LPCD is on, you should probe the IDD(TVDD) on pin TVDD_in instead.

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Kan

0 Kudos

trivedimanva
Contributor II

Hi Kan_Li‌,

Sure I will check it using probe on the IDD(TVDD).

If Still I have any remaining query, I will update you for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Manva

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manva,

We provide app notes on that topic, please kindly refer to the following links for details.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11741.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11742.pdf 

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos