How to flash/boot an LPC4370 application to/from SPIFI (Embedded Artists' Labtool)

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How to flash/boot an LPC4370 application to/from SPIFI (Embedded Artists' Labtool)

990 次查看
michelkuenemann
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am developing a modified version of the Labtool firmware.

The target is an LPClink2 board equipped with an LPC4370.

It runs perfectly and I want to boot the LPC4370 now from the SPIFI flash installed on the board.

What steps do I need to follow to achieve this ?

A similar question has already been asked in the passed, but it was based on LPCxpresso and the links are broken.

Thanks a lot.

Michel

0 项奖励
4 回复数

970 次查看
michelkuenemann
Contributor III

Hi Jun,

Thank you so much for your prompt and relevant reply.

Besides the boot process itself you have described, I am currently struggling on how to configure my MCUxpresso project to setup and write to the external flash.

Is there somewhere a basic example project that implements both RAM and SPIFI methods ?

If not, which changes do I have to make to the original Labtool firmware project and/or source code to support SPIFI ?

Thank you - regards,

Michel

0 项奖励

950 次查看
michelkuenemann
Contributor III

Hi Jun,

Thanks for this link. At a first glance it looks like it answers to my questions. I will dig into it soon.

Regards,

Michel

0 项奖励

961 次查看
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Michel

I recommend you referring this post on Using the SPIFI library with the LPC4370

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/Using-the-SPIFI-library-with-the-LPC4370...

Hope this will help you.

Jun Zhang

0 项奖励

975 次查看
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For LPC4370, MCUXpresso IDE and LPCXpresso IDE are the same thing. The code works on LPCXpresso is also for MCUXpresso.

But SPIFI boot must follow the right boot process. Please refer UM10503, Chapter 5, boot ROM.

We must follow the overall boot process

ZhangJennie_0-1653270057396.png

Because you use SPIFI boot, you need also use SPIFI boot process. 

ZhangJennie_1-1653270156233.png

Here In Fig 20, Detect device means if it can be able to read a valid device ID for the external QSPI device. If not being able to read out correct device ID ( all 0 or all 1), it’s device error.

Fig 20, there is “see main boot flow”, it should point to Fig 16, after SPIFI Boot”.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 项奖励