How to extend an existing project with new middleware or software components in mcuxpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend an existing project with new middleware or software components in mcuxpresso

Jump to solution
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hello guys,

I'm in the process of learning MCUXpresso. I have started from a simple example that I have imported from the SDK, and I'm modifying it to suit my needs. My question now is the following:

How do I add more software components or middleware/stacks to an existing project? I don't want to create it from scratch.

As an example imagine that I want to add later in the design, support for USB, emWin or another middleware/stack. Since the simple example that I based my design on is a very basic one, I would like to be able to extend this example with new functionalities, but without starting with the project wizard from scratch. Do you get the idea?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Patricio

1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Patricio,

If you left click in your project and select the SDK management -> Manage SDK components you will see a new window like the next one. 

pastedImage_1.png

You can add here new drivers/middlewares if you miss something while you were creating your project.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Thank you Alexis

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Patricio,

If you left click in your project and select the SDK management -> Manage SDK components you will see a new window like the next one. 

pastedImage_1.png

You can add here new drivers/middlewares if you miss something while you were creating your project.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon