How to determine which Build Configuration is Active?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine which Build Configuration is Active?

Jump to solution
gustavocosta
Contributor III

Hello,

I'd like to determine which Build Configuration is active at a given moment, Debug or Release. Wiche file in my project is modified when I switch between them?

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you.

BR

Gustavo Costa

R&D Engineer

Tags (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Costa,

This option is not under user project but user workspace .metadata folder.

We can find it under path:

{User workspace}\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\{Your_Project_Name}\.i

ndexes\properties.index

This file is not a full readable file, but we can still get information of it with EltraEdit. For example, this is one properties.index file for one of my project "MKV30F64xxx10_Project1"

pastedImage_1.png

Here id "com.crt.advproject.config.exe.debug.433576328.510735946" is defined in your project.cproject file. Just perform search in .cproject, we will find:

pastedImage_3.png

This is the right configuration I defined in my project

pastedImage_4.png

Because properties.index file is under workspace folder but not in your project folder, when you move your project to another workspace, the active build configuration wouldn't keep same.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is much easier to tell what the current configuration for the selected project is by looking at the details given in the Build and Debug options in the Quickstart Panel - which update based on which configuration is current.

Alternatively just use the drop down option on the "Manage configurations for the current project" on the toolbar to display the list of available build configurations (with a tick against the currently active one).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

gustavocosta
Contributor III

Actually, 

I wanted to use that information in an external program I use with CDT Builder, so I needed to read it from a file.

Thank you anyhow.

BR,

Gustavo Costa

R&D Engineer

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Jennie.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Costa,

This option is not under user project but user workspace .metadata folder.

We can find it under path:

{User workspace}\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\{Your_Project_Name}\.i

ndexes\properties.index

This file is not a full readable file, but we can still get information of it with EltraEdit. For example, this is one properties.index file for one of my project "MKV30F64xxx10_Project1"

pastedImage_1.png

Here id "com.crt.advproject.config.exe.debug.433576328.510735946" is defined in your project.cproject file. Just perform search in .cproject, we will find:

pastedImage_3.png

This is the right configuration I defined in my project

pastedImage_4.png

Because properties.index file is under workspace folder but not in your project folder, when you move your project to another workspace, the active build configuration wouldn't keep same.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

gustavocosta
Contributor III

Thank you very much ZhangJennie‌.

With this information I was able to achieve what I was trying to do.

Best regards,

Gustavo Costa

R&D Engineer

0 Kudos