cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet on MIMXRT1050-EVK via MCUXpresso config tool tool

Gra67
Contributor III

Hi all

I wanted to replicate the evkbimxrt1050_dev_cdc_vcom_bm example from scratch using as any of the MCUXpresso tools as possible. So I created a new project for my dev board added USB peripheral, configured as a CDC VCOM bare metal and set up the pins etc. The tool created all the files I required: /usb directory, /source/generated files etc. I built it and it worked, brilliant!

However, I’m now trying to repeat the above process to create a replica of the evkbimxrt1050_lwip_udpecho example from scratch, but I cannot find any ethernet related peripherals to add. When I open the Peripherals view and click add Middleware, I only see USB. When I open the peripherals tab I can see lots of peripherals, including USB, but nothing that jumps out as being related to ethernet.

Could someone tell me where I’m going wrong?

Thanks

Graeme

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

yes, it seems lwip is not added there. I think it will be added in later SDK version. MCU config tool is just combined into MCUXpresso IDE at v11. Some peripherals like ENET and SD is not get ready.

You can add lwip when you create a new c/c++ MCUXpresso project.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Jing

Gra67
Contributor III

Thanks.

Although I've found if I add the peripherals when I create the project it messes up the EVK boards clock rates etc.

So I now create default project for my board and add the extra SDK after from within the IDE.

Will look fwd to NXP adding the extra middleware stuff later :smileyhappy:

Thanks again

0 Kudos