cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MCUxpresso 11.01 not support the MK60DN512xxx10 configuration tool

Jump to solution
tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

In attempting to update from MCUxpresso 10.3.1 to 11.0.1 I found that when I attempt to open my projects Config Tools

pastedImage_2.png

I receive the following error window:

pastedImage_1.png

this seems to work fine in MCUXpresso 10.3.1.

Here is a list of the installed SDKs:

pastedImage_3.png

What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

And for switching package - in MCUXpresso IDE the processor and package is defined by the project toolchain settings, so you have to change it there:

pastedImage_1.png

Then if you open config tools, you can switch the package in the problems view using popup menu on the error:

pastedImage_2.png

(in the new IDE version it will ask you during opening configuration)

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kimberlyrandal1
Contributor I

Thank you so much for your help. Hell a lot of efforts and finally I made a genuine help. It actually worked. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Terry,

it might be either connection problem or file access rights problem. Please attach here the log file

c:\Users\<user_name>\.nxp\swtools.log 

This should help to understand the problem.

You can also download to data from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select_config_tools_data  and then import using import wizard located File | Import ...  - MCUXpresso Config Tools | Import Processor Data:

pastedImage_59.png

Regards,

Libor

tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

Thanks Libor

After import of the processor data it now works.

Terry

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Terry,

thank you for the feedback. If you attach the log file, we can also fix the root cause, because using only offline data means you will not receive any update of the data, even they do not change frequently.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

Hi Libor

I found another issue that maybe you can explain.

My target board is based on a MK60DN512VLL10 - LQFP 100 package.

Now when I import the SDK example code, it is based on the MK60DN512VMD10 - MAPBGA 144 package.

Now with the MCUXpresso 10.3 version, I can change the package to match my target:

pastedImage_1.png

But with the newer MCUXpresso 11.1 release, the package selection option is grey'd out so I cannot select a different package.:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

And for switching package - in MCUXpresso IDE the processor and package is defined by the project toolchain settings, so you have to change it there:

pastedImage_1.png

Then if you open config tools, you can switch the package in the problems view using popup menu on the error:

pastedImage_2.png

(in the new IDE version it will ask you during opening configuration)

Regards,

Libor

tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

Thanks!

0 Kudos
tbiberdorf
Contributor IV

Hi Libor

I searched my computer for the swtools.log file you suggested, but it is not there.  How do I enable it?

pastedImage_1.png

Terry

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

sorry, the mentioned path is used in case of stand-alone Config Tools. In case MCUXpresso IDE logs are inside the <workspace-location>\.metadata\.log" 

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos