cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Software on Modular IoT Gateway

Jump to solution
zafersen
Contributor III

Hi. I have a Modular IoT Gateway kit. I want to control by connecting 2 FRDM-KW41Z and 1 MENP KW41Z modules to Gateway. But he was a person who used the modules before me and changed the software. For this reason I can not connect the modules to the gateway (I am getting a join failled error). I downloaded and installed "SDK_2.2_MKW41Z512xxx4" sdk as described. Which example code should I load from this sdk now? What software comes with these kits by default in the first box opening?

1 Solution
dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

The modular gateway IDEx demo has modified the default FRDM-KW41Z source code. So you cannot join the FRDM-KW41Z board with modular gateway demo.

To join the FRDM-KW41Z board, you need to get the firmware (source code + prebuilt firmware) from NXP site for modular gateway IDEx demo. 

I hope you have received a registration code SLN-IOT-GPI-xxxxxx printed on getting started card available in the Modular gateway IoT kit. Please follow link available in the card and you will get access of IDEx demo release. Download the release package and from this release, you can get the source code for FRDM-KW41Z board.

-

Regards,

Dhvanil

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

The modular gateway IDEx demo has modified the default FRDM-KW41Z source code. So you cannot join the FRDM-KW41Z board with modular gateway demo.

To join the FRDM-KW41Z board, you need to get the firmware (source code + prebuilt firmware) from NXP site for modular gateway IDEx demo. 

I hope you have received a registration code SLN-IOT-GPI-xxxxxx printed on getting started card available in the Modular gateway IoT kit. Please follow link available in the card and you will get access of IDEx demo release. Download the release package and from this release, you can get the source code for FRDM-KW41Z board.

-

Regards,

Dhvanil

zafersen
Contributor III

Hi dhvanilpatel‌. 

I tried IDEx demo version codes like the methods you mentioned. When I tried the codes, I got a join failed error. I have come across a number of solutions to this error in this community. but these were not the solution for me. When I continued to examine the documentation in some more detail, I made a small experiment and the connection was successful. But I'm not sure about the correctness of the method I'm practicing.

Kinetis Thread Stack Application Developer’s Guide

As mentioned in the documentation, the full channel mask allowed for all current channels has the following format: 0x07FFF800

#define THR_SCANCHANNEL_MASK                     (0x07FFF800)

4.3.5 Joining a network with out-of-band commissioning.
4.3.5.1 Setting the out-of-band configuration.

As mentioned in the above headings of the documentation; THR_DEV_IS_OUT_OF_BAND_CONFIGURED I set it to TRUE and I enabled the out-of-band feature.

#define THR_DEV_IS_OUT_OF_BAND_CONFIGURED TRUE

0 Kudos
dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

Hi Zafer,

When you configured the THR_DEV_IS_OUT_OF_BAND_CONFIGURED  as TRUE then the End node will not do follow the joining process to join. It will use the pre-configured keys in the firmware. As of now, the keys configured in Gateway Thread module and End node firmware has the same key. so that the end node is able to join the network.

I hope you are following the correct method mentioned in section 5.1 of Modular_Gateway_OOB_Demo_Setup_Guide.pdf (Rev 3.6)  to commission and join the FRDM-KW41Z board.

If you have any further question related modular gateway IDEx demo, Please post your question on NXP Modular IoT Framework 

-

Dhvanil Patel

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please submit your question to this https://community.nxp.com/groups/modular-framework  community ? 

You will need to join first and then post the question. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos