cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Restart not working on RT1062

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Hi Gents,
Question on using MCUexpressoIDE with a RT1062 SoM that uses EcoXiP external flash...

If I'm running in debug mode and I click on the Restart icon it doesn't restart back at the first instruction in main(). I have to close out of the debug session and start back up. Any thoughts as to how to get this working as it should?

Below is my Debug Console output:

004A000 done 100% (303104 out of 301392)
Erased/Wrote sector 0-73 with 301392 bytes in 16769msec
Closing flash driver MIMXRT1050-EcoXiP_ATXP032.cfx
Flash Write Done
Flash Program Summary: 301392 bytes in 16.77 seconds (17.55 KB/sec)
Starting execution using core reset and halt target
Note - core reset leaves VTOR at 0x200000 (not 0x60000000 which a booted image might assume)
Stopped (Was Reset) [Reset from Unknown]
Stopped: Breakpoint #1

[I CLICK ON RESTART HERE]

Stopped: Halt
nonstop - GDB killing (vKill) non-existent PID 0xA410 (killing anyway)
Note - core reset leaves VTOR at 0x200000 (not 0x60000000 which a booted image might assume)

0 Kudos
9 Replies

frank48
Contributor I

Great article. Very well explained. Thanks for the share. diebestetest

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike Spenard,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
It seems bit weird, to figure it out, I'd like to replicate the issue on my site, so I was wondering if you can tell me which exactly demo you ran, is it from the SDK library?
Looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

TIC,

Any of the example projects from the SDK do this. I'm debugging an iMX RT1062 on a SoM from Embedded Artists. Who reported "This is unfortunately a limitation with MCUXpresso (at least in combination with the iMX RT processor). It works when using Arm/Keil uVision or IAR Workbench."

Their flash is setup as follows:

"6. Click and change the Size for BOARD_FLASH from 0x4000000 to 0x400000

7. Click in the table cell for the driver and then on the small button that appears. Change the Driver for BOARD_FLASH from MIMXRT1050-EVK_S26KS512S.cfx to MIMXRT1050-EcoXiP_ATXP032.cfx "

https://www.embeddedartists.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/iMX_RT1052_1062_Developers_Kit_Program_De... 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
I've run the hello_world on the MIMXRT1062 board, during the debugging, the Restart feature works well,  
thus I don't encounter the phenomenon you mentioned.
In the user guide, it just illustrates the process of debugging of i.MX RT1052,  for i.MX RT1062, it's a bit different, it's hard to say that the MIMXRT1050-EcoXiP_ATXP032.cfx is also suited for the i.MX RT1062.

2019-03-29_10-39-50.jpg

2019-03-29_10-43-43.jpg

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Hrmm, that is the right flash driver, I checked with EmbArt. 
I'm still at a loss, all I can assume is something with MSP or R13-R15 or something isn't being setup right. So I've opened a support ticket. As I really need to figure this one out, it's going to kill workflow for us here. Where else should I be looking for debug/logging info?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike Spenard,

Whether the EmbArt supporter had already replicated your issue, in further, I was wondering if you're able to download an application to the iMX RT OEM board without using the IDE by following the 8 Standalone Program Download chapter describes.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Never did find a solution to this issue. Curious if anyone is aware of what is the cause now...?

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Yes, that works ok.

0 Kudos

xeos_jonathan
Contributor I

is there an update on this issue? Have it too... Thanks!

0 Kudos