Can I use LPCLink1 to program/debug CLEV6630A Evaluation board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use LPCLink1 to program/debug CLEV6630A Evaluation board

spasovski_dejan
Contributor II

Can I snap the LPC Link 1 from the "LPCXpresso LPC1114" board and use it to program/debug the LPC1769 MCU  on the CLEV6630A board, using MCUXpresso IDE? Picture is below:pastedImage_1.jpg

Not sure if MCUXpresso IDE supports LPC Link 1 and also not sure LPC Link1 will program LPC1769 mcu.

Or must I get LPC Link2 to make the setup?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

converse
Senior Contributor V

In theory, it can be separated and used to debug LPC-1760, but it's not worth the hassle - LPC-Link1 is slow, is missing loads of functionality and is (relatively) unreliable. Just buy an LPC-Link2 for $25.

0 Kudos

spasovski_dejan
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. Problem is, we(our company) are in a big hurry to try desfire example from NFC library and shipping LPC Link2 from a distributor would add a delay at least 2 weeks for the delivery to our office's. 

So if I can use this Lpc-Link1 in the meantime, to download the example from NXPlib to the board it will be great.

Only I don't know if it will be recognized/supported by MCUXpresso IDE, and don't know how to make it so.
What debug configuration do I need to set-up? (I am new to MCUXpresso IDE)

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Yes LPCLink1 will work with MCUXpresso. You don’t need any configuration setup. MCUXpresso will detect it automatically and use it. Read the User Manual to find out how.

0 Kudos