Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.3 -> MCU Expresso: Add a new MCU

Jump to solution
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

I have a codewarior project 10.3 with K60 MCU.

This project was created with Processor Expert, but now, we not use it. We can consider we have a simple project.

Unfortuatelly, My Pemicro multilink do not work again due to new driver not compatible with CW10.3. And Pemicro support can't reverse it...

Than I try just to import project into MCUExpresso.

First problem, the MCU K60 is not inot the list. How Can I Add it?

How create a simple project under MCUExpresso (without SDK)

I want just a basic project (go to main) than I add my .c/.h file. (Or may be I can import CW project into MCUExpresso?)

In other word, I want creat a baremetal project for the K60DN512, just have the startup.asm which make some basical operation (like undex codewarior) then Call the main. My project uwe MQX 3.8

Thank

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arnaud,

Hope you are doing well.

I highly recommend to switch to the MCUXpresso tools as this will be much less complex than attempting to port your project from CodeWarrior. However if you would like to port it, there is an article that can help you.

Porting Processor Expert Projects to MCUXpresso IDE | MCU on Eclipse 

Since you are working with baremetal, I believe it will be much easier to create your own project. The SDK will be useful to provide drivers and startup files, so you do not have to create them from zero. In addition, when you download the SDK you can choose not to include the middleware drivers.

pastedImage_2.png

Open MCUXpresso and Click New Project in the QuickStart Panel:

pastedImage_4.png

Make sure Bare Metal option is selected and it is not necessary to select anything else.

pastedImage_6.png

Once you click finish a project will be listed on the left side, there will be empty templates that get created, but you can erase them without a problem. 

If you prefer no SDK, then simply click new project and follow the generic-M4 template and the setting that may apply in the project wizard that follows.

pastedImage_8.png

Hope it helps!

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arnaud,

Hope you are doing well.

I highly recommend to switch to the MCUXpresso tools as this will be much less complex than attempting to port your project from CodeWarrior. However if you would like to port it, there is an article that can help you.

Porting Processor Expert Projects to MCUXpresso IDE | MCU on Eclipse 

Since you are working with baremetal, I believe it will be much easier to create your own project. The SDK will be useful to provide drivers and startup files, so you do not have to create them from zero. In addition, when you download the SDK you can choose not to include the middleware drivers.

pastedImage_2.png

Open MCUXpresso and Click New Project in the QuickStart Panel:

pastedImage_4.png

Make sure Bare Metal option is selected and it is not necessary to select anything else.

pastedImage_6.png

Once you click finish a project will be listed on the left side, there will be empty templates that get created, but you can erase them without a problem. 

If you prefer no SDK, then simply click new project and follow the generic-M4 template and the setting that may apply in the project wizard that follows.

pastedImage_8.png

Hope it helps!

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos