CMSIS-DAP v2: No drivers for this device (Win11 Pro, MCUXpresso IDE w/ MIMXRT1040-EVK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS-DAP v2: No drivers for this device (Win11 Pro, MCUXpresso IDE w/ MIMXRT1040-EVK)

Jump to solution
Slaymaker
Contributor III

[Moved here from the RT forums, now that I found this forum]

Hi!

I'm trying to get the MCUXpresso IDE working on Win11 Pro with the MIMXRT1040-EVK.

Context: While installing the IDE with the board attached, the USB-connected hardware is enumerated while the installer is installing drivers. The VCP (COM port) driver works (the red USB activity LED blinks on the board when I type into a terminal, although the board doesn't show anything on boot, or respond to key presses). Also, the RT1040-EVK drive shows up as "D:". Probably unrelated: the docs say the factory firmware on this board should vary an LED's brightness when the board is tilted, but no LED changes state in any way when I tilt it. I suspect it's got something else, or nothing, installed (pressing reset reboots the board, but nothing is emitted on the console).

Problem: both the CMSIS-DAP v2 and WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP devices in the Device Manager have warning icons, and both device's Device Status textboxes say:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

I've tried uninstalling the mbed Composite Driver and disconnecting and reconnecting the board, and downloading and running mbedWinSerial_16466.exe to see if it installed .inf files or drivers, all to no avail. I can't find the bootloader listed on OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter (a recommendation on an NXP Community forum that was given for a different board).

Is there an alternate .inf file and/or .dll I should use? Did I mess anything up by running mbedWinSerial_16466.exe?

HALP! And many, many thanks :).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Slaymaker
Contributor III

User @dayson has found a workaround and posted it on the original post in the RT product forum.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Slaymaker
Contributor III

User @dayson has found a workaround and posted it on the original post in the RT product forum.

0 Kudos
Slaymaker
Contributor III

Red herring errors: turns out those two drivers are not needed for OpenDAP debugging.

0 Kudos