cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoints in SDK driver not working

chrissorrentino
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to make a change to the UART SDK driver. When I set a breakpoint in the driver code to debug and see what is going on, it seems to be ignored. I removed all other breakpoints to make sure that the only one was in the driver code. Is there some setting that has to be changed?

I am using MCUXpresso 11.3, Freedom64F board with the Segger OpenSDA and SDK 2.8.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @chrissorrentino ,

can you check your breakpoints in the breakpoints view?

Maybe you have 'skipped' all breakpoints: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/02/19/skipping-breakpoints/

Does it stop at main without problems?

Other than that: are you sure that the code where you want to set the breakpoint is used (linked)?

Erich

0 Kudos

chrissorrentino
Contributor I

Erich,

I did make sure skip all breakpoints was not enabled. If I set a breakpoint for the callback function for the UART in my own code, it works. I can then step through the driver code but if I make the breakpoint in the driver code it doesn't pause. I would think that it is linked since I created the project using the wizard. I am new to this so if I had to add the driver folder to the linker, how is it done.

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @chrissorrentino ,

does your drivers folder have that blue 'c' icon

ErichS_0-1623861415835.png

? If not, it is not part of the build (excluded). Check the properties:

ErichS_1-1623861520908.png

If you set a breakpoint, that checkmark needs to be set with the breakpoint bulltet:

ErichS_2-1623861615045.png

Can you share your breakpoints view?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos