Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baremetal project for LPC55S69 in MCUXpresso 11.6.0

Jump to solution
guenter_loettrich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear all,

which is the easiest way to create a "true" baremetal project in MCUXpresso for LPC55S69 without using any SDK component?

There should be just the minimum required files generated like main.c, linker file, startup files, CMSIS lib and minimum hw support files for clock and GPIO.

When using the SDK wizard in MCUXpresso or importing a SDK example and removing unneccessary SDK components many errors are occurring during build process.

Any help is appreciated.

best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

HI @guenter_loettrich ,

just in case: I wrote a tutorial about how to create just a project with the startup code and the CMSIS stuff here: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2022/09/04/tutorial-creating-bare-bare-embedded-projects-with-cmake-with-ec...

I hope this helps?

Erich

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I think this video could help you please review the min 6:29. [Installing MCUXpresso IDE | NXP| Getting started with FRDM-KL25Z - YouTube]

This is for the KL25Z but the steps are the same if you need more details please let me know.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
guenter_loettrich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pavel,

thanks.

That video helps how to create a project by using a FRDM-board and SDK components.

However customer is interested to start a project without NXP hardware and by not using any drivers/components from SDK. So just the minimal code should be in. Linker file, startup, etc.

kind regards

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

HI @guenter_loettrich ,

just in case: I wrote a tutorial about how to create just a project with the startup code and the CMSIS stuff here: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2022/09/04/tutorial-creating-bare-bare-embedded-projects-with-cmake-with-ec...

I hope this helps?

Erich

guenter_loettrich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Erich,

you hit my point.

That solution is exactly what I have been looking for. I tried the tutorial and it shows all the required steps.

br

Guenter

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @guenter_loettrich 

great, thanks for the confirmation and feedback :-).

Erich

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @guenter_loettrich ,

just to understand your use case correctly: you want a 'bare' project, just with the startup code, the main() and the linker file, and no reference/usage of the SDK?

What would be the debug connection? You need to keep in mind that say using a J-Link you can do this standalone (without MCU information from the SDK (or better: SDK manifest)). But if you want to use the LinkServer on the LPC55S69 board, you have to have that information about the device stored in the project.

So this will make a difference if you want it 'bare-bare' or only 'bare'.

And you wrote:

>>CMSIS lib and minimum hw support files for clock and GPIO.

CMSIS is fine. But you have to keep in mind that NXP delivers HW support files for clock and GPIO using the SDK: so here you *have* the SDK in the mix. If you don't want, you have to create your own SDK from scratch: is this what you want?

Let me know, and if I find time, I could do a tutorial or something similar if this would help.

Erich