Are there any plans to support the Cortex-M4 core side of the iMX heterogeneous SoCs like the iMX7S or iMX7D, with these IDE tools?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any plans to support the Cortex-M4 core side of the iMX heterogeneous SoCs like the iMX7S or iMX7D, with these IDE tools?

Jump to solution
davidwightman
Contributor II

The M4 side of some of the NXP heterogenous platforms, like iMX7D and Vybrid, could really use an IDE/SDK builder tool, like the MCUXpresso SDK builder.

It seems really easy to get developing with the Kinetis parts, but working with the iMX7, it seems like the M4 side is being ignored.

Any plans to include it to the list of supported devices?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Wightman 

No, at the moment there is not plan to include the M4 part in the SDK software. For the M4 part of i.MX devices you can find the freertos bsp for i.MX7x which already take in count the 2 cores contexts.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ombra32
Contributor III

Hi,

any news about supporting i.MX7D by the MCUXpresso SDK?

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Wightman 

No, at the moment there is not plan to include the M4 part in the SDK software. For the M4 part of i.MX devices you can find the freertos bsp for i.MX7x which already take in count the 2 cores contexts.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos
hvparys
Contributor III

To my great pleasure, I see that i.MX7ULP is now supported in MCUXpresso.

1. Is there an update on the plan to also support i.MX7D/S now ? That would be really helpful.
  2. To help me in trying to do the port from i.MX7ULP to i.MX7D, where can I obtain a reference manual of the i.MX7ULP and a schematic of the MCIMX7ULP-EVK ?

Best regards,

Hans Van Parys

davidwightman
Contributor II

That's a real shame.  I know the i.MX7 has a FreeRTOS BSP provided as I have worked with it, but that BSP is missing drivers that are available in these packages, such as the FTM driver.   

Also, it is missing the GCC eclipse based IDE, like KDS, in order to get up and running quickly.

I have been working with the Vybrid and iMX.7 for a few years now, and only just discovered the MCUXpresso dashboard after I picked up the K22F dev board.   The layout of the MCUXpresso dashboard is really nice, and the way you can grab custom demos etc, and select the IDE, would have save a considerable amount of time for us.

Anyways, it is something to think about.  

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos