Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Show dedicated pins" filter does not filter out all dedicated pins

Jump to solution
hfuhruhurr
Contributor III

Hi there,

in MCUXpresso IDE v11.10.0 [Build 3148] [2024-07-03], I'm working on a project with the i.MXRT1172 and want to get rid of unnecessary information to arrange the pin muxing.

When  I switch off "Show dedicated pins", some indeed disappear but I still see a lof of those left. Are they different from the other ones?

rainerthaden_0-1722343809043.png

rainerthaden_1-1722344022666.png

Best regards,

Rainer

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tomasklir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi rainerthaden,

there is a difference. Those pins that were not hidden cannot be routed. But it does not change anything about the fact that they should be hidden as well. Thanks for the catch. We will improve it in the next release.

Best regards,

Tomas Klir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hfuhruhurr
Contributor III

Hi Tomas,

thanks for the short and informative response!

Best regards,

Rainer

0 Kudos
tomasklir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi rainerthaden,

there is a difference. Those pins that were not hidden cannot be routed. But it does not change anything about the fact that they should be hidden as well. Thanks for the catch. We will improve it in the next release.

Best regards,

Tomas Klir

0 Kudos
hfuhruhurr
Contributor III

Dear Hang,

thanks for your reply.

Did you have a look at the images I provided?

The second one shows pins that are left which, in my humble opinion, are neither shared pins nor pins with multiple functions but rather voltage supply / GND pins.

Best regards,

Rainer

0 Kudos
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

The "Show dedicated pins" option in MCUXpresso IDE is used to show or hide the pins that are specifically assigned to a particular function. When you turn off this option, it will hide these dedicated pins from the pin configuration view, which can make it easier to focus on the remaining available pins for muxing.
However, there might still be some pins left visible even after turning off "Show dedicated pins", and these could be due to several reasons:
1. Shared Pins: Some pins might not be dedicated to any specific function but can be configured for multiple functions. These pins will still be visible unless they are already assigned to another function.
2. Pins with Multiple Functions: Some pins have multiple functions, and even if one of them is currently selected, the other functions might still be visible.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos