Pins Tool: Generated Code uses PINT Identifier for GPIO_PinInit in pin_mux.c

跳至解决方案
1,603 次查看
gertvb
Contributor III

Good Day!

I just want to report an error in code generation by the Pins tool

MCUXpresso 11.3 with SDK 2.9.1 on the LPC55S69

I am using the LPC55S69 for reading values from an EC11 rotary encoder.

I have a problem with code generated by the pins tool of the internal configtools of MCUXpresso

See my attached code as well

In the PINS tool : I attach one of the encoder pins to Port P01_26 and route it as follows:

Label : "Rotary_A_Encoder"

1. PINT0 for capturing the rising edge : Identifier "Encoder_A_Rising"

2. PINT1 for capturing the falling edge : Identifier "Encoder_A_Falling"

3. GPIO for reading the level : Identifier "Encoder_A_Level"

I then "Update code" but when I then compile there is a COMPILE error in pin_mux.c as the GPIO_PinInit is called with parameters that are wrongly named:

GPIO_PinInit(BOARD_INITPINS_Encoder_A_Rising_GPIO, BOARD_INITPINS_Encoder_A_Rising_PORT, BOARD_INITPINS_Encoder_A_Rising_PIN, &Encoder_A_Rising_config);

Encoder_A_Rising should be Encoder_A_Level!

The code updater uses the Identifiers assigned to the PINT functionality, and discards the Identifiers defined for the GPIO functionality.

The quick workaround is to rename the Label in pin_mux.c:
To : BOARD_INITPINS_Encoder_A_Level_GPIO *

Using the GPIO functionality in your code works with the correct identifiers though!
GPIO_PinRead(GPIO, BOARD_INITPINS_Encoder_A_Level_PORT, BOARD_INITPINS_Encoder_A_Level_PIN)

Attached my code that compiles, but if you open my project and go and modify something in the PINS tool, and "Update code" the project will not compile

Kind regards

Gert van Biljon

A TechExplorer working with Embedded Software and Electronics in Agriculture and Alternative Energy
标记 (2)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,577 次查看
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gert, 

thank you for reporting the issue! I have to confirm there is a bug in generation of GPIO identifiers when there is combination of GPIO and PINT signals configured in particular order. We are looking into it and will provide you fix once available. Meanwhile, you can avoid the error if you move the GPIO signals above PINT signals in the Routing Details view:

lukash_0-1621513955024.png

Regards,

Lukas

在原帖中查看解决方案

1 回复
1,578 次查看
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gert, 

thank you for reporting the issue! I have to confirm there is a bug in generation of GPIO identifiers when there is combination of GPIO and PINT signals configured in particular order. We are looking into it and will provide you fix once available. Meanwhile, you can avoid the error if you move the GPIO signals above PINT signals in the Routing Details view:

lukash_0-1621513955024.png

Regards,

Lukas