取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Pins Tool: Could not download device information file

4,817 次查看
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

I installed Pins Tool of desktop version, but I could use this tool, because I had the following error message.

156150_156150.pngpastedImage_0.png

I think that Pins Tool could not access device information file through our company network. Because Pins Tool can access device information file when I use another network.

Therefore I want to download all of device information file using another network before use Pins Tool.

Can I do that?

Please advise to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
10 回复数

3,168 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can do that.

When you are outside your company network, create a new (File > New) configuration for all the devices you are interested in. At this time, it will reach out and connect to the server downloads the data to your machine. After that, you don't have to have a connection to the server to work with these devices.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 项奖励

3,168 次查看
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Erich

Thank you for your reply.

I'm FAE of NXP Kinetis MCU, then I need to download device information file over 140 devices.

It is difficult to do that.

I talk with our company's IT division about this issue, they need the following information to solve this issue.

- IP address

- Server name and address

- Port number

Could you please let us know that as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 项奖励

3,168 次查看
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, here is the info

IP:104.45.233.9

Name:Kex.nxp.com

Port:80

Regards,

Libor

0 项奖励

3,168 次查看
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Libor Ukropec,

Thank you for your reply.

Our company's IT division engineer modified some settings of proxy server and firewall, then I can see board and device list.

But I cannot download the processor database. See below error message.

pastedImage_0.png

Please advise to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 项奖励

3,168 次查看
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Takashima,

hard to say without knowin your network and proxy configuration. Please take a look to the LOG files located here:

c:\Users\<your-user-name>\.nxp\swtools.log + c:\Users\<your-user-name>\.nxp\nxp_conf_workspace\.metadata\.log and post it here so I can look if there's any evident problem or not (if the logs are big, please zip them).

Regards,

Libor

0 项奖励

3,166 次查看
isaotakashima
Contributor IV

Dear Libor Ukropec,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I attached your requested files and ksdk2_0_info.xml.

Please check these files and let us know how to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 项奖励

3,166 次查看
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

1. the mentioned ksdk2_0_info.xml you taken from C:\ProgramData\Application Data\NXP\mcu_data_v1\ ?
  2. If yes, do you have also the processors\ subfolder with some files or not?
  3. Please close the Pins Tool
  4. Delete content of C:\ProgramData\Application Data\NXP\mcu_data_v1\ folder so we are sure there's no file lock
  5. please restart windows and try the Pins tool again
  6. post here also the content of menu "Help | About", click Details and copy&paste the text here (may be attach as file). There should not be any sensitive information. If we fail, we can continue over email, as it will be faster and here we can put the results/help for the others.
0 项奖励

3,166 次查看
legbam5
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same problem. To build a new configuration doesn't work. How can I set the IP-address from above? To load  a configuration from a college I get the Message that Version 1 files are not supported.

0 项奖励

3,166 次查看
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Markus,

first few things to verify

1) are you behind a proxy in your work environment? If yes, does it require credentials?

2) from the log I can see you are using Pins tool version 2. Currently supported version is already v4. Is there a specific reason why you stick with older version?

3) "Version 1 files are not supported" I can see just warning message that if you save it with newer tool, it might not work in older tool (tools should be backward compatible, not forward compatible)
pastedImage_1.png

Back to the proxy, if you have http proxy which does not require name and password, you can specify it in this file

c:\nxp\i.MX_Pins_v2\bin\tools.ini

fragment of tools.ini (probably the java.net.useSystemProxies should be set to false)

-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
-Dhttp.proxyHost=somecompany.proxy.net
-Dhttp.proxyPort=80‍‍‍

More details about specifying the proxy can be found on Oracle web site: Networking Properties 

And as a last resort if you provide the board/processor you would like to use I can prepare offline ZIP archive which you can download and manually extract into proper directory.

Regards,

Libor

0 项奖励

2,747 次查看
SebastianGallwas
Contributor I

Hi,

for me this was not working, but it was a good hint.

I added these two additional lines:

-Dhttps.proxyHost=<server address>
-Dhttps.proxyPort=<server port>

hope this helps someone in the future.

regards

Sebastian