Peripherals Tool: add Flexcomm3 instead of Flexcomm1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripherals Tool: add Flexcomm3 instead of Flexcomm1?

Jump to solution
danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm using Peripherals Tool to configure serial drivers for my LPC55xx-based custom board.

I already have Flexcomm 0, 2 and 4 configured. When I now add another Flexcomm driver (by clicking on + icon next to "Peripheral drivers (Universal)" in "Components" tab), Flexcomm1 is added:

danielholala_0-1646309873729.png

However, I need Flexcomm3 instead. How do I do this?

I then switch the newly created instance to Flexcomm3:

danielholala_0-1646310271334.png

Is that the proper way to create the instance that I need?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Regarding "Is that the proper way to create the instance that I need?" - Yes, you can add a component and then freely change the instance that it handles. You can also use the Peripherals view, where you can check the FlexComm3 checkbox directly and the newly added component instance will be using the FlexComm3 peripheral from the beginning.

Additional note - if you would like write the code "peripheral-independently" I recommend the custom name check box and change name to something meaningful for you application. You can refer to the instance in the code using the macro based on this name.

Regarding the error reported - you will get the details in the tooltip, when you place the cursor on the field marked with red background. I suppose that in your case it's that the clock is not enabled. Click on the green "bulb" icon with the right mouse button to open the context menu and you can either enable the clock directly or show the problem in the clocks tool. You can alternatively go to clocks tool and enable the clock manually as described in the other post. 

regards

Petr Hradsky 

MCUXpresso Config Tools Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Regarding "Is that the proper way to create the instance that I need?" - Yes, you can add a component and then freely change the instance that it handles. You can also use the Peripherals view, where you can check the FlexComm3 checkbox directly and the newly added component instance will be using the FlexComm3 peripheral from the beginning.

Additional note - if you would like write the code "peripheral-independently" I recommend the custom name check box and change name to something meaningful for you application. You can refer to the instance in the code using the macro based on this name.

Regarding the error reported - you will get the details in the tooltip, when you place the cursor on the field marked with red background. I suppose that in your case it's that the clock is not enabled. Click on the green "bulb" icon with the right mouse button to open the context menu and you can either enable the clock directly or show the problem in the clocks tool. You can alternatively go to clocks tool and enable the clock manually as described in the other post. 

regards

Petr Hradsky 

MCUXpresso Config Tools Team

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Dear @Petr_H ,

Thank you for your comment. It is very helpful as you give an instruction on how to enable Flexcomm3 directly using "Peripherals" tab:

danielholala_0-1646400466663.png

That works fine and completely solves my problem. Before, I was only using "Components" tab which shows the observed behaviour.

Regarding the error reported: In this case the error is rather misleading as it complains on Flexcomm1. As I mentioned, using the "+" icon created a driver instance for Flexcomm1 that - of course - had no clock configured as I wanted the driver instance for Flexcomm3. The clock for Flexcomm3 was configured.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danielholala 

I tried to configure Flexcomm3 on my side. I haven't see any problem. I tested with LPC55S69

ZhangJennie_0-1646395408388.png

On your screenshot. it seems your Flexcomm3 clock is not well configured. please make sure you set it well in clock configuration tool. This is my setting, fyi

ZhangJennie_1-1646395496860.png

Hope this helps.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos