cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find SPI peripheral in Configuration tool

pandurang
Contributor I

Hello All,

I am new to use KW36A and MCUXpresso IDE.

I have created a new project and added UART and GPIO driver using peripheral configuration window.

I need to have SPI peripheral, but I can't find SPI in this list.

Below is the snap-shot showing versions of IDE and plugins:

pastedImage_1.png

Below is the snap-shot where I am looking for SPI peripheral.

pastedImage_2.png

Does any one have idea how to add SPI peripheral in project using configuration tool?

I have checked same in few SDK examples (Hello world, GPIO input interrupt), in case there is something I missed in creating new project. But I can't find SPI in SDK examples also.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pandurang,

Unfortunately, the KW36 is supported by versions of SDK drivers that are not supported are not fully supported by Peripherals tool, specifically, some of the driver versions present in KW36 SDK package are not supported by Peripherals tool components. Only limited supported in Peripherals tool is available for this processor.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

pandurang
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.

So, our selected KW36 will not have full support of SDK anytime in future?

Which other automotive grade MCU, similar to KW36 (having BLE and CAN in-built), has full support of SDK?

What is the solution now - implement SPI manually?

0 Kudos

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pandurang,

MCUXpresso SDK including SPI SDK driver is available for KW36 so you can use the SDK drivers to create your application. The limitation is that you are not able to use Peripherals tool to generate initialization code, however, you can write the initialization yourself. I can recommend to start with example projects included in the SDK package.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos