MK50 UART updated driver breaks build ".idleType = kUART_IdleTypeStartBit"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK50 UART updated driver breaks build ".idleType = kUART_IdleTypeStartBit"

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

I was working away trying to get my UART working via the config tool. A popup came up to update UART to I think 2.1.5 from 2.1.4. Now when I go to compile its breaking the build on 

.idleType = kUART_IdleTypeStartBit,

Which is undeclared...

How do I fix this without manually overriding the code?

I have attached the project, its easy to reproduce, just go new project > open the config tool > enable UART. Open the config tool again it will ask you to migrate the UART, then it will be broken. I tried twice in two projects and they both break.

Problem is I have a huge project all done and configured and it will take me hours to roll back so I want it fixed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the Peripherals tool now incorrectly migrates to the configuration component that is intended for the UART driver 2.1.5 on this processor. We have reproduced the problem and our developers are preparing the fix. 

For now, as a workaround, to generate code matching the driver 2.1.4 it's necessary to revert to older version of the component in your configuration by either using the archived .mex file if you have it or I have fixed the .mex file to use the 2.1.4 component and attach it to this post so you can use it. 

Then, to avoid the incorrect migration next time check the 'ignore' checkbox in the Migration dialog when you are asked for this component:

Petr_H_0-1675353125263.png

We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be fixed, however only in the latest config tools version which is in MCUXPresso IDE 11.7.0 and standalone MCUXPresso Config Tools V13. I recommend upgrading to these versions.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Config Tools Team

0 Kudos

CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @CarlFST60L My recommendation is that you use the GPIO SDK example with which you can see the code used for UART communication and copy it to your code.

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, I got it all working already.

The issue is every time i update code it overrides that and i have to comment it out again.

Ideally the tool chain allows you to update code without manual intervention. 

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Forgot some details

MCUXpresso IDE v11.5.0 [Build 7232] [2022-01-11]

Windows 11 

SDK_2.x_MK50DN512xxx10 SDK Version 2.2.0 manifest V 3.0.0

0 Kudos