MCUxPresso Export Bug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUxPresso Export Bug

gerry1
Contributor I

I have discovered that the export function does not match the current routed pins window. It seems once a pin has been routed and labeled, even if it is unrouted and/or relabeled, the original data shows up in the csv file instead of the current data.

Has any one seen this? Is there a workaround?

Routed pins window

pastedImage_1.png

csv export of routed pins

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

antonintomanec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gerry Kurz,

Thank you for reporting the problem with sorting by label in the Pins View. It is a bug in v7. The fix is already available and will be included in the next version 8.

Regarding the export function (Export the Pins in CSV Format).

Currently the exported CSV contains all pins as they are listed in the Pins view table. The routed pins per function can be found in the last columns in csv, please see e.g.

Capture.PNG

So in the csv you shall see the labels and identifiers as they are specified in the Pins view, not as selected in the Routed Pins view.

In the next version 8 the exported csv will be extended with the Routed pins view content for all Pins functions.

Is this what you were expecting in the csv?

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Best Regards,

Tonda

0 Kudos

gerry1
Contributor I

Actually the main issue I am having is the multiple identifier issue, where if the identifier is edited in the routed pin view is added to the pin view rather than replacing the old identifier.

It would also be useful to have the label and identifier deleted when a pin is unrouted.

As it is now, changes like this made in the routed pin view have to also be manually made in the pins view. 

In my opinion, there should be synchronization between the various views.

0 Kudos

antonintomanec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gerry Kurz,

Currently, you can define multiple identifiers on a pin (pins view), using the “;” character as a separator.

Then the pin can be used in several functions (Functional Groups). In each function you can possibly use different pin identifier.

So in Routed Pins view (the function) you can select from the predefined identifiers or you can edit a new one by typing it directly into the cell. Here we do not want to replace the predefined identifiers completely as they can be used in other functions.

With the right click on the pin -> Label and Identifier you can edit/replace the old identifier(s). This is synchronously updated in Pins view as well.

CapturePin.PNG

Please see also “Labels and identifiers” chapter in the User Guide.

Best Regards,

Tonda

0 Kudos

gerry1
Contributor I

I have discovered the problem. If you look at the pins window, it shows the previous and new identifier. Also it shows the label and identifier for pins that have been unrouted. It seems that the export function will export all pins that have identifiers regardless of whether they are routed or not. The export function also uses the original identifier instead of the newest one.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

One more thing, sort by label in the pins window, it sorts that column but not the pin name and number which totally messes with the displayed window.

Unsorted:

pastedImage_3.png

Sorted:

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos