MCUXpressoConfig tools after configuring the pins and updating the code errors in the pinmux.h file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpressoConfig tools after configuring the pins and updating the code errors in the pinmux.h file

sukanyabathula
Contributor I

Pinmux.h files generated by the Config tools is always throwing out errors as undefined symbols.. 

Generated code doesn't have any errors, when i use the symbols generated in the code in the application code, then those errors are thrown as not defined in the scope.

Does this require any configuration settings in the project ?

Note: Attached a snapshot of the pins configured. Errors i am seeing are associated with the LPSPI signal names and few GPIO signals

IDE Version i am using is 11.7.0 and the SDK version i installed is SDK_2.9.3_MIMXRT1061xxxxA.zip

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sukanyabathula
Contributor I

If possible i also want to know how can we configure the.mex file to cutomize the file names to autogenerate in the pin-mux file.

All the pins signal names that are generated as PCS0 , SCK, SDO , all are reporting errors as not defined in the scope. Accepted few which has gpio_io as signal name (some are not,  even with the same name)

0 Kudos

sukanyabathula
Contributor I

Yes pin_mux file is included in the C module and .mex file is not accepted by the attachment to send here.

I also created new new workspace and configured the pins. I will attach another current working copy in the next reply 

I am not sure, if any config settings required for Peripherals components. I am also attaching the snapshot of it. I see some warnings as problems. 

Please provide your insights.

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Have you included pin_mux.h in your C module ? Could you add more details on how you are using the symbols? It would be great if you attach simple project demonstrating the problem, including the .mex file with the configuration.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Config Tools Team 

0 Kudos

sukanyabathula
Contributor I
Yes pin_mux file is included in the C module. Below is for your reference. USR_BTN Symbols compiles successfully but for LPSPI peripheral it doesn't . I also noticed same errors for few other GPIO pins but mainly for the LPSPI peripheral pins
/* GPIO_AD_B0_03 (coord G11), GPIO_AD_B0_03 */
/* Routed pin properties */
#define USR_BTN_PERIPHERAL GPIO1 /*!< Peripheral name */
#define USR_BTN_SIGNAL gpio_io /*!< Signal name */
#define USR_BTN_CHANNEL 3U /*!< Signal channel */

/* Symbols to be used with GPIO driver */
#define USR_BTN_GPIO GPIO1 /*!< GPIO peripheral base pointer */
#define USR_BTN_GPIO_PIN 3U /*!< GPIO pin number */
#define USR_BTN_GPIO_PIN_MASK (1U << 3U) /*!< GPIO pin mask */
#define USR_BTN_PORT GPIO1 /*!< PORT peripheral base pointer */
#define USR_BTN_PIN 3U /*!< PORT pin number */
#define USR_BTN_PIN_MASK (1U << 3U) /*!< PORT pin mask */

/* GPIO_SD_B0_00 (coord J4), GPIO_SD_B0_00 */
#define LCD_SPI_Clk_PERIPHERAL LPSPI1 /*!< Peripheral name */
#define LCD_SPI_Clk_SIGNAL SCK /*!< Signal name */

/* GPIO_SD_B0_02 (coord J1), GPIO_SD_B0_02 */
#define LCD_SPI_data_PERIPHERAL LPSPI1 /*!< Peripheral name */
#define LCD_SPI_data_SIGNAL SDO /*!< Signal name */
0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I am sorry, but we have not been able to reproduce the problem. When we create a project and use your configuration the files compile correctly. Could you please add screenshot of error that you are getting? Also the full zipped project showing the problem would be helpful.

Regards

Petr Hradsky

MCUXpresso Config Tools Team

0 Kudos