MCUXpresso Config Tool doen't work at all, after selecting an SDK or .mex file and clicking on 'finish' doen't close the window and start the process, hence useless at all

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Config Tool doen't work at all, after selecting an SDK or .mex file and clicking on 'finish' doen't close the window and start the process, hence useless at all

ralphdeffke
Contributor II

Was going to check out the new Xpresso stuff, all installed fine no issues. Looking forward for the config tool for the PCB design and pin configuration. BUT doesn't even come over the SDK or processor selection. The finish button does not start the tool. it loops in creating the configuration. Seem half year too early to use the Xpresso family. Going back tpo good old processor expert.

3 Replies

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Ralph,

could you help us identify what the problem is? Do you have an MEX file from previous version? Please share with us as much details as you can.

- which processor/board

- how the SDK package was configured before you built it (for processor or board, toolchains, components)

- what exact steps did you peform in the tool (did you configure the path to the SDK or not)

- post the log file which can be found typically here: c:\Users\<username>\.nxp\swtools.log

- MEX file if you already have one

We'll be glad if we can help with your issues.

Best regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

ralphdeffke
Contributor II

As I said, I have been checking out the whole new Xpresso.

I build and downloaded from MCUExpresso one SDK for the MKZ17Z no board just raw processor for my own boards.And one mex file for the MKZ01Z32 raw.

I have configured the SDK path, the manifest is found.

any swtools.log doesn't exist nowhere on the entire machine. As I said, basic opening doesn't work here.

I am on win10 64 and use the 64bit Expresso tools (or I tried to)

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ralph,

I do not see neither MKZ17Z nor MKZ01Z32 in the MCUXpresso web. There are several other *17Z or *Z32 processor.

1) Can you please share the MEX file here that you downloaded? There is the information for which processor it is.

2) When you run the tool, cancel the "New Configuration Wizard", go to File menu ond "Open" the MEX file does the tool show any error or not? Could you paste here the screenshot?

Thank you and regards,

Libor

0 Kudos