MCUX 11.0.1 MCT - DCD comments with commas are truncated

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUX 11.0.1 MCT - DCD comments with commas are truncated

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I'm using the MCU Config Tools in MCUXpresso v11.0.1 to configure an RT1052.  I have a DCD configuration built up in the DCD Editor that replicates the predefined DCD configuration supplied with RT1050 SDK projects.  It's mostly commented, using the "Comment" feature of the DCD Editor.

What I've noticed however is that the Editor is truncating comments that contain a comma.  For instance, I have this line in my XML file:

<command type="write_value" address="CCM_ANALOG_PFD_528" value="0x101D1018" value_width="4" comment="PFD3 = 16 (594 MHz), PFD2 = 29 (327 MHz), PFD1 = 16 (594 MHz), PFD0 = 24 (396 MHz)"/>

And this one a bit further down:

<command type="write_value" address="SEMC_SDRAMCR3" value="0x50210A09" value_width="4" comment="Same value as above, but REN [0] set to 1"/>

Note that each comment contains one or more commas.  If I start MCUX and then load the MCT configuration for my project, I notice that MCUX has overwritten my MEX file.  Using a diff tool, I see that it's removed some defaulted definitions about which source files to rebuild (fine), but it's also truncated each of the comments, like this:

<command type="write_value" address="CCM_ANALOG_PFD_528" value="0x101D1018" value_width="4" comment="PFD3 = 16 (594 MHz)"/>

And this:

<command type="write_value" address="SEMC_SDRAMCR3" value="0x50210A09" value_width="4" comment="Same value as above"/>

There's no legitimate reason for the editor to do this.  The comment is stored as a regular string, and commas can live inside strings quite happily.  The editor didn't do this previously; this behavior has been introduced in a recent MCT or MCUX version.

Obviously the workaround is for me to use something other than commas in my comments, but this should be fixed, or otherwise people will unexpectedly lose valuable information from their MCT DCD commands, like I would have if I didn't have revision control.

David R.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

with quick test I was not able to reproduce it neither in MCUXpresso IDE nor in stand alone Config Tools. What seems to me as quite important information is this:

Using a diff tool, I see that it's removed some defaulted definitions about which source files to rebuild

what exactly is removed? Do you mean this section in MEX file? Is it modified just after opening the MEX?

<generated_project_files>
            <file path="board/dcd.c" update_enabled="true"/>
            <file path="board/dcd.h" update_enabled="true"/>
         </generated_project_files>

Today was announced MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.0, so either verify if it is reproducible in this version too. If yes, complete project would be helpful (without your custom *.c code of course), including the log file located here <workspace>/.metadata/.log

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Yes, it was the <generated_project_files> sections that were being removed/modified.  That wasn't causing me any issues; having MCT truncate my two comma-containing comments was undesired, however.  If you can't reproduce it, then I'm not sure where the issue is.

And yes, NXP released MCUX 11.1 and SDK 2.7.0 on basically the same day as I posted this issue.  I'm currently integrating SDK 2.7.0 into my current project (and getting rather annoyed with ever-changing directory structures), so I'll try to reproduce this issue in MCUX 11.1 once I'm done with integration.

David R.

0 Kudos